Axe fx 2 Screen

jcarras

The screen on my axe fx seems to be fading and kind of hard to see. Does anyone know if you can replace the screen or the LEDs and if fractal would send me the parts?

Check the connection of the screen to the main board. My Axe standard screen was dim/barely readable. The connection was loose.

I emailed tech support recently about this problem on mine, and they instructed to send it in for service and offered to schedule it with them. So I'd say no on user-serviceable for this, but excellent customer service response! I did try what Jv said and it helped a little. I just don't have time to part with mine right now.

May or may not matter to you, but might want to see if your Axe is still in warranty, prior to opening the hood. Good luck.

Lee

As far as I remember there is no seal to break or anything, so as long as you use a well fitting screwdriver and are careful, FAS would be hard-pressed to prove it's been opened. And they have been sending out eproms for people to install themselves. I'm sure they won't void your warranty for checking the fit on cables. Indeed it would be nice to have a definite answer from FAS about this but I'm sure they won't give it for legal reasons. Can't have just any hack poking around in there.

Anyway. It's what cured mine. So there is value in this advice and that should count for something with TEH MAN.

Back
Top Bottom