Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

ahhh ....the serenity !
LOL - I think we're getting stir-crazy waiting so long. We're way off topic now :lol

They say that one measure of a movie's success it the number of catch phrases it adds to our language. Probably one of Hollywood's best was Jerry McGuire with 3 (IIRC "You had me at hello", "Show me the money" and "You complete me"), but The Castle absolutely blitzes this. I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head:

Tell 'em they're dreamin'
This is going straight to the pool room.
Dale dug a hole. Tell 'em Dale ... "I dug a hole"
Can you move the Camira? I need to get the Torana out to get to the Commodore.
Aaah - the serenity
(when dinner is served, asked with immense pride) What do you call this? ... But what have you done to it? ... Looks like everyone's kicked a goal!
It's the vibe of the thing, your Honour
Nothing too serious in there... what do you know about lead?

You guys get to quote the castle, all we get to quote is once were warriors lol. And some LOTR every now and then

As a tender-faced young lad back in the mid 90s, I once took a rather pretty girl named Helen out on a date. Dinner and a movie was the plan - a safe enough strategy, you would think.

Knowing nothing more than "it's about Maori culture" I took her to the cinema to see Once Were Warriors. We left the cinema speechless.

It still stands as one of the most brilliant movies ever made. But let's just say that it's not a good "first date" film.

Please tell me you didnt ask her to cook you some eggs :D

I find it funny how us guys take a girl on a first date to the movies, meet them for 2mins then sit silently for two hours next to them, not even remembering they're there, you somehow convinced them the action movie is actually a love story haha, then part ways after the movie. Then your mates ask how the date went and you reply, really well lol

This one didn't go well, it's hard to swoop in for the pash when the girl has just watched a woman get her head smashed repeatedly into a wall. The rape of the 13 year old didn't seem to get her in the mood for nookie either.

Ran into her again about ten years later and we laughed about it though. And she is no longer cute, so nothing lost. :mrgreen

I got an email from Andrew today.It's NZ customs.Thats gotta be better news than US customs

Woohoo! That's awesome news, can't be long now! I wonder if they'll upgrade the firmware and banks before they send them out? Apparently 3.03 is the dogs b*****ks :D

:D

Cheers,
Steve

Dec 14th, looking unlikely we'll see another Aussie shipment before Xmas/ New Year but fingers crossed.

It's becoming a horrible torture having the money sitting there in waiting and not being able to buy it! I will exude more patience. I put my name down at the start of July so i'm probably a good month and a half back from the top of the list. Hopefully the next drop is a big one and I can finally get my hands on one.

Hope the Kiwi's get there's shortly.

With the US waiting list largely cleaned out, I fondly imagined that the flow to non-US regions would improve.

This does not appear to be the case - no idea why not.

Well, I've just returned my II yesterday and I'm keeping my Standard so there should be one more for the next person on the list - not that it isn't brilliant, I am just a very low key user in terms of features so a lot of that stuff is lost on me. I only use my Gen-1 standard as a live preamp (into a guitar cab, not FRFR) and I couldn't get anything out of the II that was as suitable for me as my main gen-1 patch within the 15 days, so I had to send it back. I got a lot of great sounds and would say it is certainly better that the Gen-1s for most applications, but I don't think I am a typical user (don't use it for recording, no FRFR, minimal effects, I go for very old school, low gain blues tones like Kid Ramos, Rick Holmstrom, Junior Watson etc...plus I am no doubt a shocking tweaker!).

Well, I've just returned my II yesterday and I'm keeping my Standard so there should be one more for the next person on the list - not that it isn't brilliant, I am just a very low key user in terms of features so a lot of that stuff is lost on me. I only use my Gen-1 standard as a live preamp (into a guitar cab, not FRFR) and I couldn't get anything out of the II that was as suitable for me as my main gen-1 patch within the 15 days, so I had to send it back. I got a lot of great sounds and would say it is certainly better that the Gen-1s for most applications, but I don't think I am a typical user (don't use it for recording, no FRFR, minimal effects, I go for very old school, low gain blues tones like Kid Ramos, Rick Holmstrom, Junior Watson etc...plus I am no doubt a shocking tweaker!).

You could have sold it for a small profit, to someone needy like maybe me :lol

You would expect it to pick up now, but with Xmas upon us (and the fact most factories close down for a week or two) I think realistically those still waiting along with myself are probably looking towards the new year.

I do hope I'm wrong.

I'm way too sketchy to buy one on eBay minus warranty, although I did send an offer to the guy selling one in Melbourne for 2679 (and obviously was declined lol).

Hopefully I can sync up some of my other gear acquisitions with the fractal arrival.

I just bought another amp, damn my impatience.

Oh well, I have always wanted a triple recto, and now I'll be able to a/b them when I get the Axe.

I can't take this any longer, I am soooo tempted to just get one off eBay (warranty or not) so that I don't have to twiddle my thumbs for the rest of the holidays before I go back to Uni.

Does anyone expect that we will see any systems in stock before the end of Jan?

Back
Top Bottom