Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Hopefully this week!
I'll post me mine arrives so youll know it's close
Saw Cold Chisel on weekend--Ian Moss
as good as he ever was- great concert

Cool - fires were all under control then eh? I saw Mossy last year at the Mundaring Weir hotel - awesome! I thought that my Axe-FX rig sounded better than his hiwatt/vox setup though!

I asked Andrew last week and he said they had been held up in customs in the US and he was hoping they would be in the country next week (which would be this week). So hopefully soon :)

Cheers.

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of the new Pod Pro HD racks if they become available before the Axefx......
:?

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of the new Pod Pro HD racks if they become available before the Axefx......
:?

Yeah, I went through a phase like that too, but then came to the conclusion that the HD Pro will have all the shortcomings of the non Pro HD and that I'd always be wishing I'd waited for the Axe II. My 2c anyway :)

Cheers.

Yeah, its really just my impatience talking.
Though there have been a lot of my favourite bands use lesser Line 6 gear, with great results. I cant help but wonder if thats all I need.

Fair enough entirely if the HD Pro is enough for you go for it! I wasn't ragging on the unit but it has a few key shortcomings that make me want the Axe II. Of course use what you need or you could just be wasting big bucks.

Cheers.

Fair enough entirely if the HD Pro is enough for you go for it! I wasn't ragging on the unit but it has a few key shortcomings that make me want the Axe II. Of course use what you need or you could just be wasting big bucks.

Cheers.

I guess the only problem i have in choosing, is that it'll be a blind purchase either way. And since the Axe II sounds like a sure thing, i might be better off with that one.

I dunno.. decisions, decisions.

No worries, like I said, I was in the same boat for a short time. For me it'll also be a blind purchase, but I like to think I've done enough research for it to at least be informed. I got a taste of how powerful IRs are in tone shaping when I had a GSP1101 and decided any upgrade on that would have to have user IRs. IIRC this hasn't been implemented by L6. Also, with the Axe II there shouldn't be any DSP limit reached issues (for me at least), which I see a lot of gripes about on the L6 forums, especially when running two amps at a time which is something I really want to get into a lot. Axe Edit looks fantastic. And then there's the quality and sheer amount of amps, effects and routing possibilities in the Axe so that, for me at least, it became a no brainer. I'm also going to get the chance to play on an ambient/electronic project, so the synth effects on the Axe II are looking pretty good about now too (to be honest I haven't looked at what the Pod can do in this respect).

Power and versatility. Probably more than I need but I'd like to think I'll grow into it.

This is all purely from my point of view and my requirements, these things may or may not matter to you, but hopefully it helps. I should also say, by way of disclaimer, that when it comes to tech stuff I have a bad habit of wanting the best, and I have been wanting an Axe for a long time :D

Cheers,
Steve

I should also say, by way of disclaimer, that when it comes to tech stuff I have a bad habit of wanting the best, and I have been wanting an Axe for a long time :D

I bought a line 6 guitarport around 7 years ago... been looking at other solutions ever since and everything has been much of a muchness.
When I did all my research on the Axe (for about 3-4 months) I was completely sold. I'm sure there are equally good solutions out there but I just feel like I can trust buying an Axe.... so for me the price seems massively worth it.
Hopefully the wait in AU won't be too much longer. I've been holding off buying (much needed) stompboxes because the Axe can do everything, so I'm trying to avoid purchasing/selling things (Ok I bought a tube screamer 2 weeks ago and it's pretty awesome, but that's it).

As I won't be going back to the US anytime in the next 12 months, I've decided to not use my Fractal coupon and instead wait on IM.

Logic says that there must be some degree of slowdown in US demand, as the USA waitlist has been mostly dealt with. So thus logic also says that supplies to non-US markets should be about to improve.

However... (?)

Back
Top Bottom