Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

WARNING ABOUT AUST. POST sending AxeFXII !

My AxeFXII left IM on Monday this week, I had paid the extra for 'Platinum Express Post' (next day delivery), so was due to arrive yesterday at the latest. I have just been informed by IM & Australia Post that they do not know where it is, the tracking number shows that it never left QLD and now they do not have anyway of locating it !

I am so pissed off about this - will NEVER use Aust. Post again for anything. I strongly suggest any of you ordering in the future to use another carrier.

Last edited:

My AxeFXII left IM on Monday this week, I had paid the extra for 'Platinum Express Post' (next day delivery), so was due to arrive yesterday at the latest. I have just been informed by IM & Australia Post that they do not know where it is, the tracking number shows that it never left QLD and now they do not have anyway of locating it !

I am so pissed off about this - will NEVER use Aust. Post again for anything. I strongly suggest any of you ordering in the future to use another carrier.
Wow -that is pretty ordinary. I've had things like this happen where the tracking shows it hasn't moved and I've rung up to no avail...next thing it was at my doorstep - so here's hoping!

Same with my tracking
I have spoke to Aust post today
They informed me that the item doesn't necessarily get rescanned en route
It may well be my local post office or delivery guy that updates the data
Hopefully then no news is good news

I reckon it's just taking the scenic route!
Just checked my tracking - all it says is...

21/11/11 17:17 Accepted by Australia Post ALBION BC

I hope you're right - it’s reassuring that you received the same tracking message on the same day & time !!! Although when I rang Aust. Post they acknowledged there IS a problem and they could not determine where the package is.

yeah - i wouldn't put too much stock in the tracking - from auspost or anyone. Once I had a bass coming in separate body/neck packages from the US. 3 weeks later - tracking was showing one parcel was in Perth on it's way to me, the other was still at the sorting facility in Florida! I got the seller to chase it up to no avail. Both got to me a day apart.

Is a bit ordinary that you paid for overnight service though. I reckon if you got IM to chase it up when it arrives, you could get a refund on the postage.

Andrew from IM has been great though, he has been chasing up Aust. Post had them launch a ‘missing item investigation’

Is a bit ordinary that you paid for overnight service though. I reckon if you got IM to chase it up when it arrives, you could get a refund on the postage.

yep it is ordinary. Andrew alreday offered to refund the difference which is good of him.

I've got two items meant to arrive over a week ago (just some minor stuff bought off Ebay) and both of them are missing. I called the music store in Melbourne and the guy told me that they have about ten other customer's packages missing at the moment. All are with Aust Post.

Some completely irrelevant good news - I went to the launch event for Pro Tools 10 tonight at Turramurra Music, and I won the door prize - a free copy of PT10. That saved me a grand.

So mine turned up today. Has been on for 12 hours straight. Bleeding fingers, angry family. Absolutely loving life. This is such a huge step up from standard its a completely new ball game. Loaded up some of Raca's presets which sound great. Hope you guys get to experience soon. Its already completely changed my guitar playing.

Well start basic, and build your way up. I started with an M-Audio 2 channel interface back in 2000, and now have a 34 channel Auditronics console running into a Pro Tools HD3 rig, with Fearn, Neve and API pre-amps, and... (this could go on for a while).

If you have nothing to record yourself with now, buy yourself one of these: Turramurra Music :: Audio Interface-USB : Lexicon Omega
It's a very decent interface (Lexicon make great stuff), it has digital ins (you can connect your Axe digitally) and it comes with Cubase LE which will get you truly started. Then buy one of these: https://www.swamp.net.au/isk-bm-700-uni-directional-studio-condenser-microphone-bm-700.html and you have a complete studio for a shade over $300.

Of course, if you do take my advice, don't blame me when you eventually think it makes perfect sense to drop $12K on a Pro Tools rig.

Back
Top Bottom