Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Any more than about 2.5K and I'm importing one instead (as I did with my Ultra). Don't care too much for the argument over whether the Aussie distributor is screwing us over or not - I 'ain't throwing money away. Simple as that.

Happy to pay a bit extra to support Aussie business where I can but you gotta draw the line when it gets silly - especially when our dollar is so strong.

yeah i understand they gotta make a profit but should i really be so concerned with their profits when they are more likely getting in the way of the consumer. as someones else stated im not so concerned about warranty. i bought my ultra from ebay and i have no regrets. i'd do it again if i had to.

I agree. Given the strong exchange rate, anything above what they pay in the US should only be the minimal costs (in bulk) of getting it shipped here, plus the GST we'd pay. Which makes it pretty close the $2500.
I got my Ultra from the US (before Australian distribution started) without paying any duty (I spoke to customs before-hand, so it was all above board), so that should be able to happen again.

Not that I want one now, but if I decide I do, and the price is any more than ~$2500 (with the exchange rate still in our favour) you can guarantee I'd just get a friend to buy it in the states and ship it over for me.
I couldn't give a rats about warranty issues. It's a high enough quality product that that doesn't concern me.

What exactly did you put on the custom forms to avoid duty? I brought my Ultra back with me on the plane so it was not biggie.

Yeah, that's a good question. I know. A lot of people try to commit customs fraud, but if there is a legitimate way to do it, cool.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

pretty sure as long as it is marked 'made in the US' you are fine...they obviously break this down sometimes if half the gear is from china etc....so its not straight forward

I think you got lucky with customs.
I've heard of a few that have but most us have not.
I got mine before Indepentent was bringing them in and Cliff supplied all the right paper work declaring that it was made in and substantially made from USA sourced copmponents but I still got hit up with duty.
'Made in the USA' is not enough - it also depends on the country of origin af the components.

Richard

I think you got lucky with customs.
I've heard of a few that have but most us have not.
I got mine before Indepentent was bringing them in and Cliff supplied all the right paper work declaring that it was made in and substantially made from USA sourced copmponents but I still got hit up with duty.
'Made in the USA' is not enough - it also depends on the country of origin af the components.

Richard

yeah I have heard of this happening....pretty lousy :(
hope we get some info soon

Keep this thread alive aussies, we've gotta let cliff know that we REALLY want some of the initial units allocated to Australia :)

+1

Spoke to Andrew from Independent Music just the other day about any price/lead time for the Axe II, he said “There has been no wholesale pricing given to him yet or availability” so we’ll just have to wait. He did mention they will let people know via their newsletter.

They might not have stock yet, but at least they now have the option to purchase an AXE FX II on their website......it will be interesting to see how long it is till we get them here, as there was no fanfare or countdown from IM

I am guessing the price will be over $3k then we will see the prices of used axe-fx's rise to around the $2k mark.
It's crazy times at the moment for sure, i'm kind of curious as to why the countdown didn't coincide with the units being available for sale actually.

Anyway i digress......I'm ready to go on the axe2 so Cliff and Tom please allocate some of the first run units to australia, don't make me beg because i will.

I am guessing the price will be over $3k then we will see the prices of used axe-fx's rise to around the $2k mark.
It's crazy times at the moment for sure, i'm kind of curious as to why the countdown didn't coincide with the units being available for sale actually.

Anyway i digress......I'm ready to go on the axe2 so Cliff and Tom please allocate some of the first run units to australia, don't make me beg because i will.

I bought my standard directly from Fractal before independent were doing distro here is Aus.

Will pay max 2.5k for a II through Independent. With the dollar it should be closer to the 2k mark. Dont see why we should pay so much more. Call is on Independent, if its the wrong call bongous.com will be getting used in my case.

Last edited:
I bought my standard directly from Fractal before independent were doing distro here is Aus.

Will pay max 2.5k for a II through Independent. With the dollar it should be closer to the 2k mark. Dont see why we should pay so much more. Call is on Independent, if its the wrong call bongo.com will be getting used in my case.

Just tried an estimate from Bongo. With current prices it will come out at just over $2500 to ship it to Australia via Bongo (including taxes etc). So, if Independent can keep it equivalent to that, then I will definitely consider shopping with them again (especially after the wonderful treatment they gave me on my pair of Atomic FRFR powered cabs)

TimmyM

Will pay max 2.5k for a II through Independent. With the dollar it should be closer to the 2k mark. Dont see why we should pay so much more. Call is on Independent, if its the wrong call bongo.com will be getting used in my case.

You've got no hope of that happening, the aussie dollar was on parity with the usd when the last lot of ultra's were sold and they were still nearly $3k.
What's bongo all about, looks like womens apparel to me.

Just tried an estimate from Bongo. With current prices it will come out at just over $2500 to ship it to Australia via Bongo (including taxes etc). So, if Independent can keep it equivalent to that, then I will definitely consider shopping with them again (especially after the wonderful treatment they gave me on my pair of Atomic FRFR powered cabs)

TimmyM

is bongo like a priceusa.com or something?

is bongo like a priceusa.com or something?

bongous.com

Essentially yes. If you get alot of stuff from USA they will hold it for you and ship it all together. Also if you pay the $40 membership the shipping prices come down significantly.

Im not against Independent at all but you need to keep in mind that there wholesale proce per unit for them is probably less than the $2199 quoted on the US Fractal Site.

“There has been no wholesale pricing given to him yet or availability” - IM

Thats just it... they (Independent Music) pay wholesale... not retail... so when working out whether it's IM screwing aussies over or not, their margin is already catered for in the fact that they pay wholesale... not retail for the units. It's completely fair to say the unit SHOULD cost RRP + SHIPPING converted to AUD + GST/Duty. If it's more than that then IM are making an extra buck at our expense. It's their right to do that in this capitalist world... but it's also our right to work around that and import some other way.

Back
Top Bottom