Axe Fx 2 DVD Tutorial

Quite surprised really that with this streaming thing which is great, nobody has discussed Fractal releasing a DVD Tutorial, going way back to my Boss GT10 not only did Boss release one, but a user from Australia released one afterwards non official which I bought for about £12. Yeah the Boss was complicated to use but a fraction of what we invest in the Axe. Again not saying it's free but I would glading pay, to rewind certain chapters from the basic to the advanced.

Both DVD's for GT were highly professional (but you would expect it from the Roland Corporation ) and helped me no end. I know the German bloke on Youtube is brilliant but still no video of setup, create a patch from scratch, and the million other things that this superb but complex kit is capable of. This forum has also been champion, but again I would pay up to £30 to have a complete step by step tutorial with chapters and demos.

Perhaps it's because The AF2 evolves at a lightning pace. Perhaps it's because people like Scott Peterson and Chris Katsukuri have already done that on YouTube to such great effect that it hadn't been deemed necessary. Perhaps FAS would rather concentrate their resources on product development/putting the competition to utter shame. Perhaps that's what Artist-in-Residence Mark Day will be getting into at some point.

Internet speculation is fun, isn't it?

Get Coopers class from Creative Live. Awesome stuff and you get the patches he made while doing the class ! He was a PRO !

By the way I also Own a Kemper, 11Rack,PodHD500x, Roland Gr55 and assorted other goodies and I have not seen any of the companies that own them sell DVD's. Everything is You tube videos and stuff like that at best.

Last edited:
Woah cheers just clicked on the link, its as good as a DVD! Only watched a bit as going out but if it ahows the basics to advanced, its all I want. Many thanks. Sorry Gamechanger, two DVDs pro shot are sitting down stairs in my rack, some companies do release tutorial even if you've never seen them, and thats only one product I'm talkng about, never mind the rest. Still tink DVD would be good idea. Ha ha anyway you saw it here first, Cliff if you're watching!

I'm planning on releasing a 3-hour tutorial on how to systematically achieve the best High Gain tones (and more) out of your Axe-Fx 2/XL. Most of the concepts will be appliable to the Ultra as well.
It goes from basic to pretty in depth, with some advanced tricks I haven't seen anyone else using yet.

It will most likely be an online-purchasable download, including various chapters. Hope to release it during this fall/winter!

I'm planning on releasing a 3-hour tutorial on how to systematically achieve the best High Gain tones (and more) out of your Axe-Fx 2/XL. Most of the concepts will be appliable to the Ultra as well.
It goes from basic to pretty in depth, with some advanced tricks I haven't seen anyone else using yet.

It will most likely be an online-purchasable download, including various chapters. Hope to release it during this fall/winter!

I'd be interested in this! Are you building a list?

purchased cooper's creativelive sessions, simply because his youtube stuff are excellent.
took a while downloading the 17 hd videos though.
only managed to watch 3 so far but already am very impressed at the amount and clarity of information shared.
i recommend it whole-heartedly.
burn the videos into dvd-rom and you have your dvd tutoirials!;)

Woah cheers just clicked on the link, its as good as a DVD! Only watched a bit as going out but if it ahows the basics to advanced, its all I want. Many thanks. Sorry Gamechanger, two DVDs pro shot are sitting down stairs in my rack, some companies do release tutorial even if you've never seen them, and thats only one product I'm talkng about, never mind the rest. Still tink DVD would be good idea. Ha ha anyway you saw it here first, Cliff if you're watching!

Absolutely ! The Boss GT 10 had an official release I owned Them. I think there was actually 2 DVD's but that was an exception not the rule and that was probably 6 years ago. I never said Nobody ever released an official DVD. Everything at one point came with DVD's. Drivers, Software, Videos they even stopped printing manuals and started putting PDF files on the DVD with everything else. In the past 5 years the average persons bandwidth has grown 100X so now you can stream in full HD to computer or mobile devices ! Everything is streamed, and saved to the cloud, computer,external storage etc...Music, Movie rentals well pretty much everything is streamed or saved digitally so you can call it up on any device at any time. The devices I mentioned were merely a set of recent examples of industry big shots that do not make official DVD's any more if ever. There is also such a wealth of information on every newer device (past few years) on YouTube, creative live etc... We actually have some of the best right here in this forum that put up videos on the Axe-FX all the time. Bernd Kiltz, Cooper carter solo a week, Eric Hill, Rosh Roslin, Chris from KKMmusic, G66.eu, thibderob, Tyler Grund, Mark Day, just to mention a few. The list goes on and on. Anyway I think that it would awesome if we had an official Video from FAS but with the constant firmware upgrades that they do and how drastic the changes can be, even menu locations change I don't think I would be prudent. If FAS made an official video and updated it with each new firmware change that would be awesome but the guys I mentioned above and many others (Too many to mention. Didn't mean to pass anyone up) already do that. If FAS makes a Video I will buy it !

I always thought that it would be cool if someone created a class for groove3.com or Lynda.com. It would sell well. It could also be updated every time a firmware was released. You could make some good money for as long as it exists. Then do one for the next box that comes up.

I always thought that it would be cool if someone created a class for groove3.com or Lynda.com. It would sell well. It could also be updated every time a firmware was released. You could make some good money for as long as it exists. Then do one for the next box that comes up.
Yeah, especially since I have subscriptions for both.

Back
Top Bottom