Axe fx 2 concerns with buying used

The Axe - even the fan - is completely solid state. No tubes to break, crack, fail... :)

Just an update..still dealing with these guys. Very poor communication. They agreed to settle with a $300 refund in case I have to send the unit off to get repaired which I'm ok with...however that still hasn't happened yet. I've had to escalate a claim in Paypal at this point. Fun times...

What the hell, couldn't you just simply get a refund on the basis of PayPal buyer protection? Anyway, what an irritating situation!

Agree. $300 is not a fair compensation for a damaged unit. It may or may not break down the line. It may or may not cost more than $300 to fix, but it will always worry you - and dont forget the knock on de-valuation if you want to sell down the line. You dont need the stress. The seller wants to settle with a $300 discount because he only insured for $100 - and if he takes it back he may well not be able to sell for $1500 inits current state, so hes still better of taking the $100 insurance from UPS (if they give it) plus giving you $300 back.

Simple - return the unit for a full refund. Do it via Paypal if necessary. The unit wasnt as described - in the fact it was missing the case you were promised (regardless of how that happened - the price agreed by you included the case), and was damaged in transit. Your entitled to a full refund and let the seller take the fall for being cheap with the insurance.

Last edited:
Agree. $300 is not a fair compensation for a damaged unit. It may or may not break down the line. It may or may not cost more than $300 to fix, but it will always worry you - and dont forget the knock on de-valuation if you want to sell down the line. You dont need the stress. The seller wants to settle with a $300 discount because he only insured for $100 - and if he takes it back he may well not be able to sell for $4500 inits current state, so hes still better of taking the $100 insurance from UPS (if they give it) plus giving you $300 back.

Simple - return the unit for a full refund. Do it via Paypal if necessary. The unit wasnt as described - in the fact it was missing the case you were promised (regardless of how that happened - the price agreed by you included the case), and was damaged in transit. Your entitled to a full refund and let the seller take the fall for being cheap with the insurance.
I definitely agree with this. Do not feel guilty or bad for the seller. It was his/her responsibility to pack the unit properly and insure it for the full value. You paid a lot of money for something you did not get. Luckily using PayPal, you should be protected. Good luck with everything!

Thought I'd Chip in some info for everyone. I accidentally dropped my axe from hip height, while holding one of the handles, so it fell no more then 2 feet maximum onto a carpeted floor. That small fall resulted in a bent mounting bracket and a small chip in the paint.
I however suffered severe emotional pain.

I agree that you should file an 'item not as described' claim through Paypal for a full refund. While a do agree that the ears are pretty easy to bend, if the unit was dinged up there could be other internal damage that is not obvious and may fail in the future. Also, the issue with the case would irritate me and you should have been offered a partial refund even if there were NO damage for that not being included.

Back
Top Bottom