Axe fx 2 as interface: Glitching

PC, Cubase 6, monitors are plugged direct into axe fx 2, monitoring off in DAW, usb return feed is glitching

Damn, that's some serious glitching! Driver issues can be a bitch. Make sure you have the latest version of the USB drivers from the fractal website. Unplug the Axe, uninstall the drivers, reboot the computer twice, then reinstall the drivers before you connect the Axe. You might even check for newer versions of your motherboard USB controller drivers as well.

Other than than, check the USB buffer meter in the STATUS page of the UTILITY menu on the Axe. The bar should stay close to the middle when audio is streaming. If it goes way high, the PC isn't processing the data fast enough and the buffer overflows.If it goes way low, the PC is processing the data too fast and the buffer underflows. In either case, increase the USB BUFFER SIZE setting in the AUDIO page of the I/O menu (default is 1024). This is a separate USB buffer in the Axe itself and is different from the ASIO buffer setting on the PC.

Thanks Mr fender. I'll investigate tonight and report back. I really appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom