Axe fx 2 as interface: Glitching

theo

Experienced
Hey guys,

I'm recording via USB and I'm getting loads of glitching happening in my DAW.
Can someone lead me in the right direction for alleviating it?

It's not crackling, it's like a few samples are being held and looped at high speed. I'll try to get a video of it happening and upload that.

USB Streaming Mode: Relaxed
ASIO Buffer Size: 2048 samples.

It happens during playback as well as playing/recording.
It's not excessive CPU use. My patches are pretty modest.

axe seems to need a high buffer setting (at least here) with my system i can setup more or less any interface to have a latency of ~3-4ms input/output. on the axe i am more like in the 30-40 ms domain ..

as direct monitoring through the axe and latency compensation of my DAW work flawless thats not that an issue ;)

FWIW, I never had 100% glitch-less, issue-less audio via usb to/from the Axe. I ended up just running analog audio to my console/audio interface. Pretty much zero latency that way as well.

I got footage of it last night, I'll upload the video later today.
It got really good yesterday, only minor glitching occasionally. Last night it was totally unusable.
Luckily the vast majority of the work I needed to do before submitting it to an AE was done before it went nuts on me.

GIN: What kind of buffer settings are we talking about as high? I boosted mine up to 2048 last night.

The weird thing is that I have never had this problem before and I've been recording with my axe 2 via usb for almost 2 years.

At some point for some unknown reason I had plugged back into a USB 3 port.

Testing now.

EDIT: Seems fine. User error...Whoops

EDIT 2: NOPE PROBLEM PERSISTS!

Last edited:
Nothing at all related to audio, Installed a game and that's all.
Timing doesn't really match up either.

I got footage of it last night, I'll upload the video later today.
It got really good yesterday, only minor glitching occasionally. Last night it was totally unusable.
Luckily the vast majority of the work I needed to do before submitting it to an AE was done before it went nuts on me.

GIN: What kind of buffer settings are we talking about as high? I boosted mine up to 2048 last night.

The weird thing is that I have never had this problem before and I've been recording with my axe 2 via usb for almost 2 years.

i have to check on my studio PC but i think im on 1024 or 2048 aswell ^^

is there anyone running the axe on buffer sizes like 128 or 256 ?

I get intermittent glitching (every 10 min or so) with mine as well, so I'm very interested to see if you find a solution.
I'm running Ableton Live on a Macbook air.

i have to check on my studio PC but i think im on 1024 or 2048 aswell ^^

is there anyone running the axe on buffer sizes like 128 or 256 ?

USB buffer you Talking about? 64 here. Did you checked the USB state at the Utility menu sometime?

Mac or PC?
What DAW software are you using?
How are you monitoring?
Do you have software monitoring turned off in your DAW?
What is glitching, the USB return feed, the live guitar feed, both?

Back
Top Bottom