Axe Frozen again

onebaldbloke

Inspired
After a few hours lost & many dramas re the update procedure, MIDI-OX finally took.
Unfortunately, "Verifying Flash" was the result.

After turning the Axe off, as advised, it's now frozen again.
Am about to pull the battery out & re-insert.

Will post results ASAP.

Hey Bob,

I'm beginning to think that it may actually be issues with your MIDI set up... I've seen it before quite a lot and in fact it has happened to me, for example, I can't update anything using my Motu 828mk2 because it is un predictable whereas in the past 10 years i've NEVER had a single glitch from my Edirol UM1x.

If you have no joy, feel free to give me a shout, i'm only about 25 mins away from you so your welcome to bring it over or vice-versa and we can sort it out....

cheers,

T

G'day Tim & thanks mate.

OK - But what I don't understand is why it happens on different MIDI hardware & PC's.......
If it were just one setup, that may explain things, but random behaviour on separate systems doesn't add up.

Now it's well & truly frozen & I'm waiting to hear back from support.

How about you?
Did the update go OK?

BTW, I'd be happy to buy (yet another) interface if it were to work every time.

onebaldbloke said:
G'day Tim & thanks mate.

OK - But what I don't understand is why it happens on different MIDI hardware & PC's.......
If it were just one setup, that may explain things, but random behaviour on separate systems doesn't add up.

Now it's well & truly frozen & I'm waiting to hear back from support.

How about you?
Did the update go OK?
I haven't done this update yet because i've got 2 big shows this weekend so i'll probably do it early next week. I'll see how i go for time 'cos i'm heading to Adelaide at the end of the week and then Tassie afterwards so i don't want to have to do any un-necessary tweaking before i go.

It is a little bizarre that you are experiencing problems on different systems though. One thing's for certain, you haven't had a very good run with your Axe(s) so far... must dampen the experience a little for you...

Good luck,

Tian

Possibly they will send you an eprom to replace in the Axe. There've been a bunch of dead Axe's at FW 7.01. About a dozen???
Search for eprom, I think you'll find some info.

It's easy to do. Take good care of the screws on the box, they're known to get stripped easily.

Hey Tian.
It does dampen it somewhat.......

But there is also the added uneasy feeling due to other Australians buying Axes on my recommendations.

Dutch said:
Possibly they will send you an eprom to replace in the Axe. There've been a bunch of dead Axe's at FW 7.01. About a dozen???
Search for eprom, I think you'll find some info.

It's easy to do. Take good care of the screws on the box, they're known to get stripped easily.

This is the second freeze on this particular unit. After fitting a new EPROM last time, it was going OK until today's debacle.
My band's other Axe froze, but taking the battery out & replacing it seemed to fix it, though we are not going to update it for a long while, I suspect, as we are very wary of being left without a working unit.

Back
Top Bottom