Axe Edit Won't Load

BCRICH53

I just bought my new Axe-FX ll and loaded the editor on my Mac. Editor won't show imported presets from Mac file.Says we are connected but times out.It doesn't respond at all. I have upgraded the driver and have all of the current versions loaded.I have tried USB and midi but nothing works. Fractal bot lets me exchange presets but nothing from the editor. Help please.

You're not loading Standard/Ultra presets? They are not compatible.

You're sure that you have 11.03 loaded, not 11.02 or earlier?

for axe edit 3.0.1 with 11. whatever firmware . you need windows 7 (i cannot confirm windows 8 will work). after you install the drivers and load axe edit with your axe fx connected slowly turn the main knob on the axe fx itself and look at your computer screen tada now you can load custom patches..and thats about it. axe edit is extremely crippled right now. and im too lazy to actually use the device to fiddle with extensive parameters on a painfully monochrome screen ( just my 2 cents). does not work on a mac right now period ...yes i tried everything. good luck

i agree with Mr Baber.

Mac OSX is a complete fail, Windows 7 works but with limited functionality. Fractal support suggested a new AxE FX, i tried this, same result. Its appears to be a fault between Editor 3.0.1 and Firmware 11.0.3.

I just got mine working after some effort with tech support. The was resolved by a full factory reset. Something amiss in the system.syx possibly?

1. IMPORTANT Backup! Don't try this until you have backed up with Fractal-Bot. Else you will loose all your patches, settings and cabs!

2. "Clear the SRAM which will remove all presets, user cabs, and system settings (i.e. it will erase your presets, user cabs, and system settings). In order to reset the SRAM on the Axe-Fx II go to the Utility menu on the front panel of the Axe-Fx II and press the PAGE RIGHT button 10 times. This will bring you to a hidden menu with the option to clear the SRAM. After clearing the SRAM, reboot the Axe-Fx II and try connecting with Axe-Edit 3.0."

3. Then restore your banks backed up in step 1. using Fractal-Bot send. Or you can download all the factory patches from here.. Fractal Audio Systems - Support

4. Close Fractal-Bot before starting Axe Edit

Good luck!

W

I just got mine working after some effort with tech support. The was resolved by a full factory reset. Something amiss in the system.syx possibly?

1. IMPORTANT Backup! Don't try this until you have backed up with Fractal-Bot. Else you will loose all your patches, settings and cabs!

2. "Clear the SRAM which will remove all presets, user cabs, and system settings (i.e. it will erase your presets, user cabs, and system settings). In order to reset the SRAM on the Axe-Fx II go to the Utility menu on the front panel of the Axe-Fx II and press the PAGE RIGHT button 10 times. This will bring you to a hidden menu with the option to clear the SRAM. After clearing the SRAM, reboot the Axe-Fx II and try connecting with Axe-Edit 3.0."

3. Then restore your banks backed up in step 1. using Fractal-Bot send. Or you can download all the factory patches from here.. Fractal Audio Systems - Support

4. Close Fractal-Bot before starting Axe Edit

Good luck!

W

this worked for me. i got a clean instal sysex and that was it.

DISCLAIMER: Use the hidden menus are your own risk.

Cliff has stated a number of times that you should NOT USE those menus. They are intended for use by support staff who know what the options do and not for use by regular users. I believe his quote was "that's why they are hidden".

Back
Top Bottom