Wish AXE-Edit III UI Request for users crossing platforms between AXE and FM3

Thanks to everyone on the team for all their hard work and an amazing set of products. As much as I love and appreciate all the Firmware updates, Here's a User Story for what I'd love to see next:

As a cross-platform Fractal user (one who has invested a decent amount of money in the Fractal platform), I would love to see a single Fractal-Edit app that works seamlessly across both AXE and FM3 units and provides visual cues when designing patches that work across platforms vs patches that won't work on FM3, so that I can save time and frustration navigating between two platforms.

Additionally, tightening up platform cohesion could provide Fractal with additional sales/marketing opportunities, reduce technical debt of maintaining different Edit apps, and reduce entry barriers for those who fear the platform is complex.

This is likely on your radar already, so if it is here's just another piece of supporting feedback. I hope you find it valuable. Love what you do, love this community, and love the opportunity to be part of your feedback loops. Thanks again, Fractal team!

The solution is simple: create your presets on FM3-Edit for the FM3. Then you have the assurance that they will work both at the FM3 and at the Axe-FX III.

That’s certainly a way of approaching it, but it requires the user to come at it from the perspective of having or thinking about the FM3 first. I was thinking about this from a more cohesive ecosystem/platform approach where the user’s starting point could be anywhere.

I like Line6 Helix's approach where for example Helix Native can be set to emulate the hardware capabilities of one of the Helix hardware units. This way you can get transferable patches.

So if this kind of thing was implemented to Axe-Edit then it could be used for both Axe 3 and FM3. The apps themselves are mostly the same anyway but just show different things depending on which is connected.

The solution is simple: create your presets on FM3-Edit for the FM3. Then you have the assurance that they will work both at the FM3 and at the Axe-FX III.
I do that. I also build them on the FX3 being cognizant of the FM3 limitations. It’s not like it’s a hard thing to do.

+1.

It'd be nice to just open one app, have both units connected, and be able to sync both at the same time or at least have them "aware" of each other, so that when you create a preset in the Axe III editing environment, a notification flashes up when you've gone over the FM3's DSP limitations.

So maybe even just an overlay on the Axe Edit III that more or less keeps you informed of how it will transfer to the FM3 would be good. If it's a block that the FM3 doesn't have, then it could have a red cross-hatched pattern on it or something.

Overall, I like the idea of a cohesive single environment for both units.

Back
Top Bottom