Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 26.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.13 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 26.01.
o Added Kill Dry to Megatap block.

* Added Block Library pre-DynaCab version 1.06 CAB block conversion support.

* Corrected AMP pages whose title should have been "Ideal" and not "Authentic".

* The Tuner dialog has been updated with a new look and the Tuner parameters have been moved from the SETUP view to the Tuner dialog.

* Added Midi/REMOTE parameters to the SETUP view.

* The Tuner dialog has been updated with a new look
Finally a reason to tune my guitar again!

With the:
Are there any for-dummies explanations for this? It looks/sounds super cool and useful. I've read the manual but not sure how (or if) I can do anything with it. If I have a midi keyboard does this mean I can control the Axe with it?

Finally a reason to tune my guitar again!

With the:
Are there any for-dummies explanations for this? It looks/sounds super cool and useful. I've read the manual but not sure how (or if) I can do anything with it. If I have a midi keyboard does this mean I can control the Axe with it?
That's the global Midi/Remote menu. Previously only available from the front panel,

If you aren't controlling your unit with midi then you may have never used it.

Hi all APPLE OSX. Computer went to sleep during practice break. EDIT running. Upon re wake, lost connection. Would not reconnect. Checked and re set all cables to computer. No help. Had to restart AXE 3, computer, and EDIT. Then it woke up and re connected. Bug for sure.

What does the minimum FW version required by the editor have to do with the front panel? I'm confused...
I guess I should have separated the comments more distinctly as those two sentences were referring to completely different things. The "cool AF" was referring to how cool it is to go back that far in compatibility.

The second sentence (which probably should have been separated by a paragraph spacing as this statement is) was thanking them for allowing me to make changes more easily, in my mind, by having this editor rather than having to use the front panel. The front panel is very functional, I understand it and can use it, but never do because for me, it is easier and faster to use the editor on the computer screen (or foot switches) ;~)) I like things I can easily read with larger fonts, less menu dives, etc. In addition, I have no intention of mounting my Axe at eye level, like ever, so reading anything on the hardware screen I would need to be 12" off the ground, and that don't jive with my workflow. So a front panel dweeb (or perhaps challenged individual) I shall stay ;~))

Last edited:
If you aren't controlling your unit with midi then you may have never used it.
Thanks - I can guarantee that I've definitely never used it. Didn't even realise that this was a thing! To be honest, I find the front panel kind of intimidating, and because of space considerations, it's not within easy reach (at this point) when I'm at my PC so Edit is my go-to.

But is there a guide on how to use it (simpler than the manual which I didn't really understand) and is it possibly to use a midi keyboard as a controller (and again, how would I do that)?

Thanks - I can guarantee that I've definitely never used it. Didn't even realise that this was a thing! To be honest, I find the front panel kind of intimidating, and because of space considerations, it's not within easy reach (at this point) when I'm at my PC so Edit is my go-to.

But is there a guide on how to use it (simpler than the manual which I didn't really understand) and is it possibly to use a midi keyboard as a controller (and again, how would I do that)?
It is for assigning midi CC numbers to various things in the Axe Fx that allow midi control.

That could be turning a specific effect off/on, selecting the channel of a specific block, selection of a scene, etc.

As to whether a midi keyboard could be used as a controller? Yes, assuming the keyboard supports sending midi CCs.

How to do that is a much bigger topic and doesn't warrant derailing this thread further ;)

First, you'd need to know a bit about midi...

I see that MacOS 10.13 or newer is required... does anyone see that changing soon to a newer OS? My Late 2013 iMac with 10.15 Catalina is hanging on by a thread before being forced to retire.

I see that MacOS 10.13 or newer is required... does anyone see that changing soon to a newer OS? My Late 2013 iMac with 10.15 Catalina is hanging on by a thread before being forced to retire.
Hopefully, not any time soon. The latest OS my 2010 iMac can run is MacOS 10.13 so I am really on the edge LOL!

Back
Top Bottom