Axe-Edit III 1.13.00 (supports fw 22.00 public beta 6, 9, 10, 12)

this is so awesome, thank you!

I was amazed to see that you can drag the mic around with your mouse. Makes it so intuitive.

(little graphics OCD note: with the mic on the center axis the blue dot is not on exactly the center axis)

this is so awesome, thank you!

I was amazed to see that you can drag the mic around with your mouse. Makes it so intuitive.

(little graphics OCD note: with the mic on the center axis the blue dot is not on exactly the center axis)
It has been noted in axe edit forum :)

Bug:
  • The value of "Position" and "Distance" is only shown in CAB1! So it is not possible to edit a value with the Keyboard.
While it's a bug, you can select the control and press Enter to edit it with keyboard.

Wish:
  • Its not possible to move the blue Point before the Speaker exactly. So it would be helpful to hit Strg or Shift to make finer adjustments with the mouse.
  • For me it would be better if only CAB1 is active when opening a new DynaCab (like in the Legacy Mode!) maybe with a user definable default Cab/Mic?
Yeah it would be good if holding Shift would allow for more precise movement, like it does with other controls.

Dyna-Cabs do follow whatever Mute/Solo settings you configure on the Cab block. It defaults to just first slot active but if you have e.g set it up in Legacy with two cab slots active and switch to Dynacab, those same slots will be active. Intended or unexpected behavior? Could see it working either way.

The alignment of controls seems a bit off.
When I click on Cab Type or Mic Type and then use the Up and Down cursor keys, often the wrong control reacts.

Yeah it would be good if holding Shift would allow for more precise movement, like it does with other controls.
Axe-Edit should use shift, which is pretty much the standard, but instead it uses Ctrl/Cmd. There is a known problem with high-precision movement of controls in JUCE and I suspect that is part of the reason, but it would be nice if shift were used instead.

Dyna-Cabs do follow whatever Mute/Solo settings you configure on the Cab block. It defaults to just first slot active but if you have e.g set it up in Legacy with two cab slots active and switch to Dynacab, those same slots will be active. Intended or unexpected behavior? Could see it working either way.
I ran into that during testing and thought it was pretty nice. That doesn’t mean it was deliberate, it could be a “happy little accident”.

1680133916734.jpeg

In Axe Edit what ever cabs you have turned on for the legacy cabs seem to control which ones are turned on in the dyna-cabs. Say if I have cabs 1 and 2 turned on in dyna-cab for channel A and then I go to legacy cabs channel A and turn on cabs 3 and 4, when I go back to the dyna-cabs they will have changed to cabs 3 and 4 being on also.
It does the same thing if you reverse the process. What ever cabs you turn on in dyna-cabs will turn on the same ones in the legacy cabs.

Last edited:
Bug: In Axe Edit what ever cabs you have turned on for the legacy cabs seem to control which ones are turned on in the dyna-cabs. Say if I have cabs 1 and 2 turned on in dyna-cab for channel A and then I go to legacy cabs channel A and turn on cabs 3 and 4, when I go back to the dyna-cabs they will have changed to cabs 3 and 4 being on also.
It does the same thing if you reverse the process. What ever cabs you turn on in dyna-cabs will turn on the same ones in the legacy cabs.
Channel A is Channel A... You're changing a setting in the channel, so of course it changes.

The DynaCabs or Legacy is just a setting in the channel, too.

Channel A is Channel A... You're changing a setting in the channel, so of course it changes.

The DynaCabs or Legacy is just a setting in the channel, too.
Thanks. That makes sense.

In the cab block it would be nice though if the legacy and DynaCab controls were totally separate from each other.

I had a legacy cab block set up with my four favorite cabs and settings for channels A, B, C, D.
I was switching to from the channel A legacy cab to the channel A dynacab to compare them and try and dial in a dynacab version of my favorite legacy cab, to see if I could make it sound as good or hopefully even better. Every time I'd change anything in the dynacab block (like pan, hi or lo cut, which cabs I had turned on, etc) and would go back to the legacy block it had changed also.

In the cab block it would be nice though if the legacy and DynaCab controls were totally separate from each other.
There’s only one kind of Cab block though. Inside it we’re allowed to pick the type of IR we want. As is, we can switch on the fly using channels and scenes.

Changing that would force having multiple types of Cab blocks, which would make scenes and existing presets need to be redesigned. The howling would never end.

Thanks. That makes sense.

I had a legacy cab block set up with my four favorite cabs and settings for channels A, B, C, D.
I was switching to from the channel A legacy cab to the channel A dynacab to compare them and try and dial in a dynacab version of my favorite legacy cab, to see if I could make it sound as good or hopefully even better. Every time I'd change anything in the dynacab block (like pan, hi or lo cut, which cabs I had turned on, etc) and would go back to the legacy block it had changed also.
In that case you can try to use 2 Cab blocks instead...

Back
Top Bottom