Axe-Edit III 1.13.00 (supports fw 22.00 public beta 6, 9, 10, 12)

Axe-Edit III 1.13.00 provides support for Axe-Fx III firmware 22.00 public beta 6.

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p13p00.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p13p00.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win32-v1p13p00.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.13.00
MARCH 27, 2023

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 22.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 22.00
o Added "Treble Shift" control to the USA IIC+ AMP models.
o Added "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp." control to the AMP Speaker page.
o Added Dyna-Cab support to the CAB layout.

* Modifications to support Fractal-Bot version 3.0.16: Added Dyna-Cab firmware support for the Axe-Fx III. Requires Axe-Fx III 22.00 or greater.
This is great! Thanks so much.

@Michael Pickens I think I've found a bug - when you change the speaker (in the cab), the speaker page (in the amp) impedance curve changes, but the drop down (giving you the impedance curve name) doesn't

If you edit via the front panel (not Axe-Edit) the curve name changes (on the front panel, but Edit doesn't update) - it's like it only reads the name value when it loads the preset?

Auto Impedance in Amp/Speaker page observation:

Been doing some testing and have noticed that the only parameters that update in the Amp1/Speaker page when changing Dyna-Cab slot 1 cabs are the Frequency Display, and Low and High Freq parameters.

Imp Curve name, LF Reso, Q, XFormer Freq, HF Reso, HF Slope and XFormer Freq fields do not update to corresponding values.

Auto Dyna-Cab Imp. is on.

The changes update on the hardware interface and I can hear them, but the fields do not update in AXE Edit.

+1 on the entry above with respect to the names.

Having said that.....Thank you so much for getting this out so quickly. Makes a huge difference.

Cheers

I’m sorry, Mr. P — this update just wasn’t posted quickly enough.

Said. Nobody. Ever.

Many thanks, Sir!

@Michael Pickens

Edit shows a 1x8 Champlifier SIC when the 1x10 Princetone Rev speaker is chosen. It's correct on the front-panel, so this might be a name <-> index mismatch, or tied to some of the above "It doesn't update" messages. The Auto setting is On.

Confirming Laxu's comments.

Also, with Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance enabled, the value in the Amp Speaker page in Axe-Edit isn't updated when switching to another dynamic-cab in the Cab block (on the hardware the Amp Speaker page displays the correct entry).

Confirming Laxu's comments.

Also, with Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance enabled, the value in the Amp Speaker page in Axe-Edit isn't updated when switching to another dynamic-cab in the Cab block (on the hardware the Amp Speaker page displays the correct entry).
Yeah, gotta find the switch for the auto cab feature and turn it off, since it only really pays attention to slot #1 anyway, and when 3rd party Dyna-Cab stuff starts showing up, it may not have a clue how to set itself. I can flip between the two blocks quickly and easily enough to handle it myself....

Thank you so much for your great work - i always prefer the editor against the hardware editing. I think i found a Little Bug and a have a small wish:

Bug:
  • The value of "Position" and "Distance" is only shown in CAB1! So it is not possible to edit a value with the Keyboard.
  • Sometimes the blue ball is bouncing arround here (win10) as others mentiond.

Wish:
  • Its not possible to move the blue Point before the Speaker exactly. So it would be helpful to hit Strg or Shift to make finer adjustments with the mouse.
  • For me it would be better if only CAB1 is active when opening a new DynaCab (like in the Legacy Mode!) maybe with a user definable default Cab/Mic?

Anyone else not able to choose the Dyna-Cab and Mic from Axe-Edit? Front panel works just fine. Just seeing two blank boxes within Axe-Edit. Fully Uninstalled Axe-EAxeEdit.JPGdit and reinstalled twice with no luck. Any help is appreciated!

Anyone else not able to choose the Dyna-Cab and Mic from Axe-Edit? Front panel works just fine. Just seeing two blank boxes within Axe-Edit. Fully Uninstalled Axe-E

Try this - I will later as it doesnt sound right to me - dont have that issue you have - but loading an older firmware version install then a newer one helped me before

Rock Chaulk posted this:

Ok. true story.......some may remember I posted back on like page 6 of this thread how all the Dyna-Cabs sounded reverbery.....well, all
this time I'm hearing everybody gush about how easy it is to dial, and how good it sounds, and I'm thinking "what is wrong here...why can't anybody hear this mess I'm hearing?"........

So, I've been waiting for one of the usual suspects...lol...to post a preset with the Dyna-Cabs, and lo and behold @Burgs posts one up this morning, and there it was.....sounded horrible on my Axe!!!! I knew then something was up......so I re-installed 21.04, deleted the 22.00 files I downloaded the first day, went and got them again, re-did the whole process outlined in the first post, and what do you know......everything sounds glorious with
the Dyna-Cabs now.......YES!!!

Something to note though was this.....even though I went back to 21.04, when I re-installed 22.00 and re-booted, I did not get the warning about not having the Dyna-Cabs......I went ahead and sent the new Dyna-Cab file anyway, and it took like three times longer for it to install this time, than it did the other day...don't know. All I can say is......I am one happy Axe-Fxer now!!!

Back
Top Bottom