Axe-Edit III 1.05.11

I had 1.05.11 running fine with 12.07 and now I can't get edit to connect to my III...thoughts anyone?View attachment 66221oughts?
try this:
it's not a hardware ram issue but a soft one!
Certainly (I guess) a lack of pdf security support in axedit final pdf window programming.

i've made a complementary test:
i've disagaged the option advanced protected mode in acrobat reader preferences. (see pic under)
and without it activated, the final AE pdf window appear without errors! :)

i think it's just an incompatibility between AE prog and the acrobat reader protected mode troubleshooting

under the same link of my first post to describe this acrobat option:
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/protected-mode-troubleshooting-reader.html

please note this option is activated by default

View attachment 65837

So now I have downloaded drivers for USB and windows update and I am still unable to connect either to axe-edit or fractal-bot. I have the latest versions of both axe-edit and fractal-bot. Axe Fx III by itself works fine, but won't connect to my computer in any way. My USB cable is less than 15ft and I have tested the USB cable on other fractal products (AX8) and it works.
I am not new to this, I have had fractal products and I have had the III for over a year.

On Sat night (4/11) I updated my Axe-Fx III to 12.07 (from 12.05) and updated to Edit 1.05.11. I also updated my FC-12 to 1.11. After the updates, all devices were running fine. However, on Sunday afternoon while my III was working as normal through my FRFR I discovered that the USB from my III would no longer connect me to with Edit or Fractal Bot (I also am running the most current version of Fractal Bot). I have tested my USB cable with my AX8 and it is working as normal. I have also checked to make sure that drivers and all windows updates are fully in place and current. I am only playing through my FRFR, no DAW is involved. It would seem strange to me, but would there be a reason that the USB out from my III would suddenly just stop working altogether?

On Sat night (4/11) I updated my Axe-Fx III to 12.07 (from 12.05) and updated to Edit 1.05.11. I also updated my FC-12 to 1.11. After the updates, all devices were running fine. However, on Sunday afternoon while my III was working as normal through my FRFR I discovered that the USB from my III would no longer connect me to with Edit or Fractal Bot (I also am running the most current version of Fractal Bot). I have tested my USB cable with my AX8 and it is working as normal. I have also checked to make sure that drivers and all windows updates are fully in place and current. I am only playing through my FRFR, no DAW is involved. It would seem strange to me, but would there be a reason that the USB out from my III would suddenly just stop working altogether?
Hey, I'm the guy that was talking to you about this in the Facebook group. If installing the latest driver doesn't help I would uninstall Axe-Edit and FractalBot, uninstall Fractal USB driver, REBOOT THE PC, then reinstall everything using the latest versions. When reinstalling, I would start with the USB driver and make sure that appears in Windows Device Manager. If you DON'T see it in Device Manager then there is no point in installing the other components until that is resolved. If it doesn't work you could hit me up in a Private Message (I'm an IT professional by day and we have tricks up our sleeve :) ) and I may be able to help you out more with this. Alternatively, there are a lot of VERY knowledgeable admins and users on here who may have other suggestions. Of course, there is always the Fractal Support team and you could open a ticket as well. Hope you get this worked out!

Last edited:
What's the yellow dot on the compressor graph?

It's supposed to move showing the input signal. I didn't stay on 1.05.11 long enough to figure out why I wasn't moving. Perhaps refresh axe edit. When I updated to 1.05.11 beta, the yellow dot started working then.

Back
Top Bottom