Axe-Edit III 1.04.02 RC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through 50 presets last night and tweaked the flanger and phaser blocks. Axe Edit has worked great so far with no issues at all. I'm on firmware 12.00, using Axe Edit 1.04.02 RC 1, and I also updated my FC-12 to the newest 1.10 firmware.

I just upgraded to 12.01 and using Axe Edit 1.04.02 RC 1 I found an issue. I am not sure if it's from Axe Edit or the new 12.01 firmware. And yes I did refresh everything. I have a preset with a Friedman HBE in channel A. It had been saved last night with 12.00 with the input boost on, but it was off now. I re-saved it with the input boost on, then started going through the other blocks. Switching to the stereo tape block and back to the amp block turns off the input boost on the amp. I can turn it back on and save it, but every time I switch to the stereo tape delay block and come back to the amp block it has turned off the input boost. I tried it a half dozen times, with the same result.

It is only happening with the amp in channel A.

I just checked and it is doing this on every preset. Every amp in channel A has turned off the input boost, that I had saved as on previously.

Edit: I just switched back to firmware 12.00 and the issue is not happening. So it appears the problem is with the 12.01 firmware and not Axe Edit.

Last edited:
I just checked and it is doing this on every preset. Every amp in channel A has turned off the input boost, that I had saved as on previously.

Edit: I just switched back to firmware 12.00 and the issue is not happening. So it appears the problem is with the 12.01 firmware and not Axe Edit.

Yes, Axe-Edit RC1 resets parameters in the Amp block with Firmware 12.01, I noticed this for Speaker Impedance Curve, Bass/Mid/Treble, Input Trim. Probably more parameters are affected. I recommend to close Axe-Edit and use the front panel when editing until it gets updated.

Are cab favorites in Axe Manage Cabs working for others? In the last version I wasn't able to mark any cabs as favorites. This time I can but when I filter to show only favorites it clears the favorite marking. Really small thing but thought I'd mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom