Axe-Edit III 0.08.15 Public Beta

I am finding this beta version incurs some extremely long lags in saving and editing settings...(Mac 10.13.6 MacBook Pro 2018)..anybody else?

I am finding this beta version incurs some extremely long lags in saving and editing settings...(Mac 10.13.6 MacBook Pro 2018)..anybody else?
I had the same problem in cab manage. when I went to browse the directory it was super slow, and lagged while dragging over to the manager window as well.

I am encountering a "please wait...communicating' on bottom of screen. Then a message that reads unable to communicate after a few minutes.
Which is weird because when I first downloaded the new update this morning it worked great.

Well darn, pasting after copying a channel is jacking up all of the other channels. I tried copying channel A from Amp A and pasting it into another preset on channel B and it changed all of the settings and amps for the other channels from what I had them set to. :(

A power down and power up fixed it. Which is really odd considering I had just turned the unit on when I loaded Axe-Edit and it messed up??? Something odd going on maybe...

Last edited:
Well darn, pasting after copying a channel is jacking up all of the other channels. I tried copying channel A from Amp A and pasting it into another preset on channel B and it changed all of the settings and amps for the other channels from what I had them set to. :(

A power down and power up fixed it. Which is really odd considering I had just turned the unit on when I loaded Axe-Edit and it messed up??? Something odd going on maybe...
Are you sure you copied the channel and not the block?

Kinda dumb question but can you reset an amp block just on one channel ABCD? Haven't tried it but thought about it.

Are you sure you copied the channel and not the block?

The power down fixed the issue for know at least but I know for a fact I copied only the channel because the other channels that were screwed up were just random garbage, not the other channels from the block where I had copied the channel. They weren't values that were anywhere in that preset even. So even if I had copied the block, it was all still wrong values.

I'd like to make a positive comment by saying this release has been super speedy for me. Also, I'm not sure if past versions did this or not, but when changing presets, the selected grid position remains selected (whichever block was at the selected x and y position that is) and I LOVE IT! If you set your presets up in a general form (like always having your amp block at row 2, column 5), you can switch through and compare or make changes super quick instead of needing to click on the block again after every preset switch. Very nice!

Ctrl+Shift+F12 works correctly here, didn't try the menu entry
Edit : tried the menu entry and it worked too (Win10, AxeFx III 1.14, Axe3Edit 0.08.15
Yes, works here too. But with existing blocks only. Meaning that if you've deleted a block, Revert won't restore the block.
Set "Ignore redundant PC" to ON and check if it is still working for you. If it's on, the "Revert preset" not working, if set to OFF than "Revert preset" is working.

• Added Block Library support. Note that blocks created for the Axe-Fx II, AX8, and FX8 are not compatible with the Axe-Fx III. (In some cases the EDITED light may not come on when pasting blocks or inserting blocks from the library. This has been fixed in the firmware for a post 1.14 release.)

I had a question about this, I didn't want to start a thread on it. I've imported a preset from a II, to a III using FracTool. It looks correct, but I get no audio from it. I went to the next preset, and cut and pasted all the blocks, starting with the input, output, then amp, cab. All good. Added the reverb, chorus, still good. The drive block is where I run into trouble. If I bypass it, I get audio.

Is this because of the drive in the amp block itself? Should I remove this block from subsequent imports? This is my first attempt at an import, and it was late after messing with it, so I didn't get a chance to try anything else. Thanks.

I had a question about this, I didn't want to start a thread on it. I've imported a preset from a II, to a III using FracTool. It looks correct, but I get no audio from it. I went to the next preset, and cut and pasted all the blocks, starting with the input, output, then amp, cab. All good. Added the reverb, chorus, still good. The drive block is where I run into trouble. If I bypass it, I get audio.

Is this because of the drive in the amp block itself? Should I remove this block from subsequent imports? This is my first attempt at an import, and it was late after messing with it, so I didn't get a chance to try anything else. Thanks.
Probably best to put something like this in the existing FracTool thread, rather than in the Axe-Edit III beta thread, but off the top of my head first thing I’d check, based on your description here, is that the Level control of the Drive block is not set to 0. Also worth remembering you can always use the “Levels” page of “Layout” from the front panel to trouble shoot issues of no sound, as you play you’ll quickly be able to see which blocks aren’t showing any input or output level... probably quicker and easier than copying and pasting blocks one by one ;)

Back
Top Bottom