Axe-Edit III 0.05.17 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p05p17-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p05p17-public-beta.exe

Version 0.05.17 Notes:
  • Layouts:
    • Added SYNTH
    • Added PLEX DELAY
      • Note: The Bypass Mode parameter will not display strings until a new firmware update.
    • Updated FILTER
    • Updated CAB layout from a large bank/slot/name field to individual controls.
  • CAB layout now supports cabinet IR import into the currently selected slot of a USER or SCRATCHPAD bank.
    • Simply drag-and-drop a cabinet .WAV, .IR, or .SYX file onto the cabinet's name field (the correct field will display a dashed outline when the file is dragged over the top of it).
    • When importing .WAV or .IR files, the currently selected "IR Processing Mode" and "IR Output Format" will be used. These settings can be found in the Preferences Dialog.
  • Added meter to Controller's Envelope page.
---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

I really like the Plex Delay layout. It took two re-designs. Rather than have lines 1-4 with all parameters and lines 5-8 with all parameters on two pages, it is divided into TIME and LEVEL/PAN pages. This way, when you're working with 8 lines, and you really need to quickly hear how 8 different times interact with each other, you avoid the constant back-and-forth page flips.

@Admin M@ I haven't tried yet, but I assume this version still has the issue with logic and pro tools that the previous version had?
Any word on apple helping you guys fix that one? Not demanding an answer, just curious how that challenge is going.

I really like the Plex Delay layout. It took two re-designs. Rather than have lines 1-4 with all parameters and lines 5-8 with all parameters on two pages, it is divided into TIME and LEVEL/PAN pages. This way, when you're working with 8 lines, and you really need to quickly hear how 8 different times interact with each other, you avoid the constant back-and-forth page flips.

This looks great!

Having an issue with this one guys , cannot get it to install , its says the install is successful but is still showing 04 30 .

do I have to delete the prior ax edit folder ??? The first times I followed steps installing axe edit was a breeze same thing with the USB update ,this one just does not seem to stick ,, I am also not a big computer guy to be honest

what are the steps as maybe I am missing one ?

I am downloading from the link , it says installation was successful but then it just stays unable to be opened in the document folder
and version won't change .

I am sure it is me . AXE is on the 1.08

Back
Top Bottom