Axe Edit for IPad???

USB to midi, probably there are no drivers available for the moment for the Ipad.

He has a photo connection kit that allows you to plug the usb cable of your camera into the Ipad, so you need drivers to use what seems to be an adapter.

usb_connectors_20100127.jpg

You can connect an USB keyboard with this kit, so you don't have to buy the dock, that's what is said in this article.
The kit accept USB audio interfaces.

Use a translator : ;)
"En effet, le kit de connexion destiné aux appareils photo, qui se branche sur le connecteur dock, permet d'utiliser autre chose que des appareils photo. Rappelons que ce dernier propose en fait deux appareils : un lecteur de cartes SD(HC) et un connecteur avec un port USB, permettant de brancher directement un appareil photo. Et outre le fait que les fichiers RAW sont bien pris en charge, l'appareil accepte aussi les claviers USB et les interfaces audio.

Il est donc possible de se passer du (coûteux) dock avec clavier d'Apple ou d'un clavier Bluetooth, en branchant un simple clavier USB. Et pour ceux qui aiment téléphoner en VoIP, la majorité des combinés USB devraient fonctionner, pour peu qu'ils soient à la norme USB Audio. De plus, étant donné la base commune entre l'iPhone OS et Mac OS X, les clés USB devraient fonctionner (pour récupérer des photos et des vidéos stockées dessus) et aussi, mais c'est à vérifier, les webcams compatibles avec la norme USB Vidéo. Attention, ces dernières sont assez rares, la majorité des modèles nécessitent un pilote (que ce soit sous Windows ou Mac OS X). Notons aussi, pour les amateurs de produits Apple, que brancher un iPhone permet de récupérer les photos prises par ce dernier. "

It's a logical move but I wouldn't hold your breath. The present Axe Edit is written in Java I think and iPhone OS doesn't run a Java Virtual Machine. I don't think Fractal have any experience of Obj-C/Cocoa programming.

An exciting model variation of Axe-FX 2 (if there is ever such a thing) would be a plain single rack space with input/output controls only and built-in wi.fi to allow programming via iPhone/iPad/Android or laptop.

There will be a lot of devices like this in the coming years (why build in a control surface when everybody's already got one)

vinnieRice said:
It's a logical move but I wouldn't hold your breath. The present Axe Edit is written in Java I think and iPhone OS doesn't run a Java Virtual Machine. I don't think Fractal have any experience of Obj-C/Cocoa programming.
That's what I thought too, but I was clearly corrected by someone in the AxeEdit section that it is actually written in C++, not Java. So a port is possible.. but - given the size of the company - I think FAS has more important "points of interest" right now.

I'll have to try that. I can't get a SC guitar anywhere near my laptop. Hopefully the iPad's display is less noisy, I could set up the laptop across the room.

JWW

The primary problem would be that the Axe-Edit is simply not made for touchscreen. It would have to be redesigned to work well with finger gestures.

Back
Top Bottom