Bug? Axe Edit Drop Down Boxes Not Working (solved)

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of Axe Edit, and none of the drop down boxes are working for me. For example, the 'Effect Type' box where you should be able to choose between different amps or types of effects, doesn't work, it is simply darkened as if in-active. This seems to be the case for all the drop down boxes across Axe Edit. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have installed the latest version of Axe Edit, and none of the drop down boxes are working for me. For example, the 'Effect Type' box where you should be able to choose between different amps or types of effects, doesn't work, it is simply darkened as if in-active. This seems to be the case for all the drop down boxes across Axe Edit. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!
I saw this during one of the beta builds I tested, but not since. I would reboot your PC, power cycle your Axe and see if the behavior is back to normal.

I've had the same problem. A clean system reinstall solved it.
The only problem with that solution is that you lose all your global blocks (which i use in about every preset).
I backed them up but as soon as i load my backup file into the Axe, the drop down boxes dissapear again. It's very annoying to say the least...

The only problem with that solution is that you lose all your global blocks (which i use in about every preset).
I backed them up but as soon as i load my backup file into the Axe, the drop down boxes dissapear again. It's very annoying to say the least...

Save a set of your presets with unlinked globals to disk. Also save a set with linked globals.
Install clean system file.
Import unlinked presets. Save settings as global blocks.
Import presets with linked globals and you're back in business.

This probably won't work if you use global slots 2 and higher.

When you say a clean reinstall - is that on your PC or the Axe FX unit itself?
I'm having the same problem (link to my original post below) and also reinstalled Windows from scratch and it still isn't working.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-e...ange-effect-amp-type-axe-edit.html#post939361

Update: The clean-system-v11.syx file fixed it for me. Just remember to back your stuff up before going that route.
I don't use cabinet modelling so it was a non-issue for me.

Effect types are showing up and no more time-out error!

Last edited:
Save a set of your presets with unlinked globals to disk. Also save a set with linked globals.
Install clean system file.
Import unlinked presets. Save settings as global blocks.
Import presets with linked globals and you're back in business.

This probably won't work if you use global slots 2 and higher.

Thats a great idea! Thank you very much.

@paradox: Yes, i meant the axe fx, but it seems like you have that figured out;)

Sorry for the delayed response, installing the clean-system-v11 file has indeed solved this problem for me too, thanks Paradox for finding the solution, and thanks to everyone else for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom