Axe-Edit Developer's Diary, Apr 22 2013

If only Microsoft and Apple was this good at it...

laughing-hysterically.gif

Thanks very much for the news.

For me Fractal-Bot 1.1 will already completely replace Axe-Edit 1.9, because I only use the "Axe-Manage" part of it.

Can we ask more detailed/technical stuff here about the development process/state/tools?

I don't know, but I can't imagine I'm the only software developer here interested in some internals. ;)

For example, what are "the new features and capabilities firmware 10 has to offer"?
Just additional MIDI sysex messages? Or is there a more "closed" communication protocol involved?

Great initiative !! :encouragement: It's going to be fun to be able to follow progress.
Thanks FAS for allowing/enabling us to do so. 8)

This is great and like everyone, I appreciate the update. One question, if you can answer it based on this detail:

"This communication engine is already in use as the backbone of the new Fractal-Bot utility. Fractal-Bot 1.1 is in beta testing now and should be released this month. It adds the capability to send other kinds of files to the Axe-Fx II (firmware, preset banks, system backups, individual cabs, individual presets) or MFC-101 (firmware, system backups)."

Am I correct in assuming this will go both ways? I.e, can I backup my user cabs using Fractal Bot? You mention system backups. I don't want to assume anything. Just curious.
Thanks for your effort!

Excellent!!!!....great communication plan.....should squelch the whining for good!!!!!! ............but probably not

Excellent!!!!....great communication plan.....should squelch the whining for good!!!!!! ............but probably not

Seems it squelched mine, and I am very vocal about poor communication:) It will not make everyone happy, that will never happen, but this level of communication will match their great customer service and most reasonable people will be more than happy to see this. And I am thinking Cliff has worked hard to make his customer warranty service top notch, I have a feeling he'd like to see all sides be at that level. Sadly there is only 1 person like him, so it seems he had to do some housecleaning and now it seems everyone is in line and on point which is awesome. I have nothing but great feelings again, which is all I wanted in the first place and I have a feeling most of the vocal people against what was going on wanted the same, at least I hope so.

this is the kind of thinks that make me convinced I'm right to move to AxeFX 2 !
thanks Cliff and the team for your very customer-oriented attitude and communicaiton.

Nice! good job guys (I can't believe people are actually asking questions here (where's teh shake my head in disbelief emoticon?)

Nice! good job guys (I can't believe people are actually asking questions here (where's teh shake my head in disbelief emoticon?)

Nothing wrong with questions IMHO.... Being an IT person who designs large corporate systems, customer questions are good...helps you know you are headed in the right direction and you also get ideas.

Designing in a vacuum with no feedback (constructive feedback I must add) is a dangerous road.... Again .... IMHO.

I applaud fractal for being open on this.

Back
Top Bottom