Axe-Edit Developer's Diary, Apr 22 2013

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hey All,

As promised, here is the first of the updates we'll post about the development of Axe-Edit 3.0.
The following message was written to you by the guys on our new software team.

===================================================

Greetings from the software development team here at Fractal Audio Systems.

We wanted to let you in on our ongoing software projects and will be updating this blog with status updates as we go.

The past two months have been very busy here.

With the recent release of Axe-Fx II firmware 10, we decided to rewrite Axe-Edit from the ground up to take advantage of all the new features and capabilities firmware 10 has to offer.

Our first step was to create a robust communication engine that all Fractal Audio software applications will be built upon.

This communication engine is already in use as the backbone of the new Fractal-Bot utility. Fractal-Bot 1.1 is in beta testing now and should be released this month. It adds the capability to send other kinds of files to the Axe-Fx II (firmware, preset banks, system backups, individual cabs, individual presets) or MFC-101 (firmware, system backups).

In parallel with the Fractal-Bot development, we have been hard at work on the new Axe-Edit software package.

There has already been tremendous progress. Built upon the new communication engine, we currently have an in-house build with patch navigation and many grid layout operations complete. On the near horizon is parameter editing, and as all of you Axe-Fx II users know, there are a lot of parameters!

As we progress we will keep you updated on our status and maybe even provide some screenshots along the way.

Stay tuned!

Glad to see that Fractal is taking this approach to communicating progress. I was going to call this a new approach, but in hindsight this reminds me of the good old days of the Standard and Ultra development.

I'll make love to you
Like you want me to
And I'll hold you tight
Baby all through the night
I'll make love to you
When you want me to
And I will not let go
'Till you tell me to

This is what I am talking about, This is how Developers act when they know what they're doing and are proud of their progress, they share updates with the clients/customers that will be using their products. Thank goodness Cliff fired whoever and has brought on real developers!!! I am starting to think maybe Cliff is to nice of a guy and that is why that mess happened in the past so I will from here on out call it a new slate and see how things progress.

I want to say the way that last development team acted it was like having a "Chef in the kitchen" that will not communicate!!!!! It ends up being a freaking mess, that no one will be happy with, I hope Cliff will make sure that even if he doesn't always communicate, that his Development Team does, because if they're not doing this, they're more issues than just the coding going on and should be a red flag to Cliff.

Hey All,

As promised, here is the first of the updates we'll post about the development of Axe-Edit 3.0.
The following message was written to you by the guys on our new software team.

===================================================

Greetings from the software development team here at Fractal Audio Systems.

We wanted to let you in on our ongoing software projects and will be updating this blog with status updates as we go.

The past two months have been very busy here.

With the recent release of Axe-Fx II firmware 10, we decided to rewrite Axe-Edit from the ground up to take advantage of all the new features and capabilities firmware 10 has to offer.

Our first step was to create a robust communication engine that all Fractal Audio software applications will be built upon.

This communication engine is already in use as the backbone of the new Fractal-Bot utility. Fractal-Bot 1.1 is in beta testing now and should be released this month. It adds the capability to send other kinds of files to the Axe-Fx II (firmware, preset banks, system backups, individual cabs, individual presets) or MFC-101 (firmware, system backups).

In parallel with the Fractal-Bot development, we have been hard at work on the new Axe-Edit software package.

There has already been tremendous progress. Built upon the new communication engine, we currently have an in-house build with patch navigation and many grid layout operations complete. On the near horizon is parameter editing, and as all of you Axe-Fx II users know, there are a lot of parameters!

As we progress we will keep you updated on our status and maybe even provide some screenshots along the way.

Stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom