Axe-Edit Communication Error? (resolved)

I just tried my USB with the Axe-Edit, brand new Axe-FX 2XL here. I get: Communication time-out: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: get_all_patch_names.

I tried deleting the 2 files from AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit several times. No dice, I still get the same error.

Any way to fix this? I have the latest firmware.

Did you install the driver? If so check which midi port XL is on and validate same port set in Axe-Edit.

Cheers

Did you install the driver? If so check which midi port XL is on and validate same port set in Axe-Edit.

Cheers

I had the driver already. Today I plugged it in again to check the MIDI port and it just worked before I look at it. haha ok.

Hey everyone, I wanted to chime in for the sake of saving everyone the hassle of wasting time trying to downgrade your firmware or troubleshooting unrelated issues. I've noticed this error 100% of the time when you've got channels assigned to midi out in a session that might conflict with the way axe edit communicates with the axefx. The most common occasion is when i've got a live session open that has midi program/ scene changes for the axefx AND axe edit is open at the same time, you can have both running (barely) if you connect midi in, out and usb as well. The other was in the case of having something that utilizes network midi like vienna ensemble pro. My mbox had suddenly recognized an other midi interface that wasn't technically USB but was sending midi information through it. Having VEP doesn't mean it's the problem, it means if you've got a midi channel that's got the wrong output assignment or maybe it's supposed to be inactive, you'll start to experience the timeout.

Back
Top Bottom