Axe Edit app for iOS who would want it?

6903801330_e3a237fbef.jpg

We are working on an upgrade to our AxePad app for iOS - mainly to keep in line with the new Axe-Edit. The current version still works with all Axe-FX editions, but lacks the new amps.

The main change we are doing is to link into their internal database of blocks etc. so we can eventually allow ALL parameters to be editable on the iPad screen.

Check my sig for details.

Last edited:
+1. I thought the iPad would be a toy and mostly eye candy accessory for making music, but it's integrated nicely with my Logic workflow.

Check out Spectrasonics Omni TR app for Omnisphere. Very cool.

Spectrasonics - Products - Omnisphere - Omni TR iPad App
Please forgive my dumb question, but how do you connect your Axe (or any other device) to an iPad? Does the newest iPad have a USB port? I was thinking about buying an iPad for my family for Christmas. If there is a way to connect the Axe, I know exactly what Santa will be bringing this year. :)
BTW, love the idea of an Axe Edit app...

6903801330_e3a237fbef.jpg

We are working on an upgrade to our AxePad app for iOS - mainly to keep in line with the new Axe-Edit. The current version still works with all Axe-FX editions, but lacks the new amps.

The main change we are doing is to link into their internal database of blocks etc. so we can eventually allow ALL parameters to be editable on the iPad screen.

Check my sig for details.

Looking forward to the new version.

The Lemur things looks awesome but is not a stand alone solution. The axe needs to be connected to a Mac or pc and the. Can be edited wirelessly over wifi. I need something like axe pad where I can edit my axe at a gig for example where I do not have a computer hooked up to it

The Lemur things looks awesome but is not a stand alone solution. The axe needs to be connected to a Mac or pc and the. Can be edited wirelessly over wifi. I need something like axe pad where I can edit my axe at a gig for example where I do not have a computer hooked up to it

Lemur doesn't need to be connected to Pc or Mac. I use it with iRig midi, straight from ipad to Axe FX.

Lemur doesn't need to be connected to Pc or Mac. I use it with iRig midi, straight from ipad to Axe FX.

But sadly you need to have USB connection in order for all of your parameter to be transferred to the axe. iRIG midi is too slow for what speed Lemur is expecting... (I certainly had problem getting parameter values) So the author of the app even said don't go with regular midi connection.

But sadly you need to have USB connection in order for all of your parameter to be transferred to the axe. iRIG midi is too slow for what speed Lemur is expecting... (I certainly had problem getting parameter values) So the author of the app even said don't go with regular midi connection.
Oh i missed that somehow, it worked for me last time i used it but it surely is slow.

Back
Top Bottom