AXE EDIT 3.01 - Still getting Error- Communication Failure due to time-out (solved)

drizzlerock

Guys i have updated to 11.03 Firmware, updated AXE EDIT 3.01, MacBook Pro Driver is also updated but still getting the Error message " Communication Failure:Axe-Edit was unable to complete the communication request do to time-out.

Error screenshot attached. I am struggling to connect since the new AXE EDIT 3.0 has been introduced. Any body having this error or its just me.
I am on MacBook Pro 10.8.4.

I am already on project in Studio for my Songs and has become difficult to tweak the sounds through AXE FX front display. Please help....

Attachments

• AXE-EDIT - error.jpg
    AXE-EDIT - error.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds off, but try connecting through a USB 2.0 hub. I did some beta testing for a USB Hub manufacturer, and it turns out that Apple's USB 3.0 firmware is not as smart as it could be (or too smart). Stabilize the connection by placing a static 2.0 hub in the middle. I know - sounds backwards - but give it a shot.

can you actually "trick" your 3.0 usb ports into thinking it's a 2.0 if you use a 2.0 hub? If so, this would really solve a lot of my problems.

Also, let me know if you tried everything in the GETTING STARTED GUIDE.

I did a complete new install including using the clean syx (banks etc) and nothing -- it still does it.

One more thing -- this one is really weird.

when you copy an amp from X to Y although the parameters are all the same -- the amp sounds different. also there is a noticeable "pop" during the pasting period when AE is communication with the AXE. After that the settings are all correct-- but it sounds different (less gain more bass) and yes it is going through the same cab.

I just restarted AE and it started with a high frequency pop and a patch that was 87 came on as 96.

I'm also getting Communication failure: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the communication request due to time-out

I turn the value nob on the AxeFx, Axe then connects to Axe Edit

I see the preset grid, but none of the amp, cab, effects are selectable. Not sure how to type/explain this out.
I can place amp, cab, effect block etc in the grid but cannot see any menus to switch amp/cab/effects

Win7 machine
AxeFx II 11.03 Firmware, updated AXE EDIT 3.01,
current USB driver 1.68, AxeFx II driver 1.67, windows driver package1.0.0.9
tried everything in the GETTING STARTED GUIDE.

Any ideas?

Nevermind..... all is well now.
I had tried everything in the GETTING STARTED GUIDE..... except clean-system-v11.
Used FractalBot to send clean-system-v11 to AxeFx
rebooted AxeFx
started AxeEdit, rescanned all, and ....
all is well. I have full command of my amps, cabs, effects.
Nice.

Thanks, nothing to see here....
as you were...

I had tried everything in the GETTING STARTED GUIDE..... except clean-system-v11.
rebooted AxeFx
Nice.

as you were...

^^^^ THIS!

Glad you posted this. It seems that almost every time out error has been cleared up using the clean-system. I know I had issues months ago with a corrupt cab and had to do the same. With others maybe there is some combo of system settings that just isn't playing nice when tying to connect. Again, almost all have been resolved by sending the clean file to the II with the Bot.

^^^^ THIS!

Glad you posted this. It seems that almost every time out error has been cleared up using the clean-system. I know I had issues months ago with a corrupt cab and had to do the same. With others maybe there is some combo of system settings that just isn't playing nice when tying to connect. Again, almost all have been resolved by sending the clean file to the II with the Bot.

I did a clean install. Used clean system file (cleaned cabs) -- everything. I only started experiencing this after the last AE update.

Couple of other issues

1. cpu creep (seems patches that are 87 go to 94 etc)
2. Pop/squeal when you fire up AE

Also, let me know if you tried everything in the GETTING STARTED GUIDE.
I did, and the only thing that worked for me was reinstalling driver 1.6.8. Can't speak for the OP, just wanted to let you know that the system clean file doesnt fix this issue, nor do any of the other suggestions in the guide at least in my case.
I just restarted AE and it started with a high frequency pop and a patch that was 87 came on as 96.
I also experienced the same weird high pitched squeal one time yesterday. I rebooted the axe and it stopped. Still weird though.

rebooted AxeFx
Nice.

as you were...

Where to get clean system file? what are the consequences of using clean system, I hope it won't affect my presets.

Yes Finally resolved the issue of time-out.
I downloaded clean system file, and processed the same thru Fractal Bot and it has resolved the time-out issue. All working fine with AXE-EDIT 3.01 now.

Only question to FAS... why the AXE EDIT is not full screen ? is there a option to make it full screen on my 15inch Macbook Pro ? or provision is yet to be build in next version ?
Otherwise editing patch has become very easy. THANKS FAS for this product. great help to the USERs.

Reactions: yek
Yes Finally resolved the issue of time-out.
Only question to FAS... why the AXE EDIT is not full screen ? is there a option to make it full screen on my 15inch Macbook Pro ? or provision is yet to be build in next version ?
Glad you got your timeout issues resolved.
the full screen topic has had at least 3 separate threads going on it.
The answer is - soon!!
Sorry.. couldn't resist!
Seriously tho', M@ has stated that it will be addressed but we don't know when. I hear there are other priorities - like AxeManage to address first.

I also got this error. I tried all the things in the "Getting Started" manual (including the clean system backup file), I changed the USB port, I did a system reset, I re-installed the USB driver, restarted both the PC and the AxeFX several times, but I still got the "Communication failure: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the communication request due to time-out." message on EVERY startup. When I power cycle the AxeFX while Axe-Edit is running, I get the same message again, but then I see the actual preset and can do editing, BUT none of the drop boxes work. I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit). Any solutions for this? :|

i have tried everything so far but i just can't get it to work. seriously what's the deal with this, will this thing EVER work?

Do you have user cabs in slots 51 and higher, and did you clear those already?

Back
Top Bottom