Axe-Edit 3.0 Released!

I like it so much. It works better and it's more cool! Congratulations!!! you have the happiest customers in the world!!

I was 9 when I started to play guitar... and now I'm fifty ( :nightmare: )...
3 are the magic moments i remember as the best: my first Fender Stratocaster (25th Anniversary metalized Porsche grey); my first gig; and now this fantastic BLACK MAGIC BOX and the FAS crew!!!
TNX Guys!!!

Congratulations to the FAS software development team. You guys have done a magnificent job with Axe Edit 3! Thank you to FAS and the beta testers for your efforts! Lastly - thanks for the new editor! Though I'm quite proficient working from the front panel Axe Edit offers a better workflow (for me).

Last edited:
I also lost access to the modifiers within a block. I have a volume block and the "Volume Knob" has a is modifier enabled and typically tied to EP2. After the upgrade, the volume sweep only goes to 90% volume. I wanted to review the modifier but I cannot ctrl-click to open the modifier. I checked other modifiers and I cannot open them either.
I will see what I can do to resolve the issue and report back..
P.S. Macbook3,1 OSX 1.7.5, 6GB memory, Upgrade to FW11 went perfect, rebooted and deinstalled AE1.9 and installed AE3.0. AE3 seems to work fine except for the modifier. I don't know what amps/cabs updates were made, but when playing my guitar, I still sound like me. My version seems to be missing the Clapton/Talent button I had hoped for.. :-(

See the answer HERE
Hope it works for you.

Since buying my Axe II in April I've been all front panel...but I have a feeling I'll be getting to know my way around AE 3.
thanks to all involved...you rock!

Damn. I went through all the trouble of bringing my Axe, My POD HD, My MMGT and my JTV to Colombia where I am staying for three months. Using medellin as hime base. Now I was in Brasil for 2 weeks and JTV 2.0 FW, AE 3 and Axe FW 11 all hit while I am away. I do have JTV with me but no workbench interface. I just DL AE 3.0 and FW 11 but obviously can't even fire up AE and can't update to 11 until I am back in medellin.

I get back sunday morning but fly to lima for a week monday morning. Damn, damn damn. I have a buddy/client in medellin whose bday it was last week and they have been waiting for us to get back to have a bday dinner. Great guy, great customer, great family. . . . .but why do I feel like all during dinner I will be like. . . .DAMN I want to be messing with AE 3.0 and FW 11?

So far I do have 3-4 open days in schedule after I get back from Lima, so I need to try and leave them open or at least stay in medellin. If not I will go nuts. Now if I can find a place in Lima that sells variax workbench interfaces. . . .lol.

I was 9 when I started to play guitar... and now I'm fifty ( :nightmare: )...
3 are the magic moments i remember as the best: my first Fender Stratocaster (25th Anniversary metalized Porsche grey); my first gig; and now this fantastic BLACK MAGIC BOX and the FAS crew!!!
TNX Guys!!!

I remember back in the 80s I was in a guitar shop in Jacksonville and they had a silver 25th anniversary strat that once belonged to Randal Hall from Allen Collins band, and later member of skynyrd. I can't remember if the rpice was 250 or 450. . . .but either way I should have grabbed it!

I remember back in the 80s I was in a guitar shop in Jacksonville and they had a silver 25th anniversary strat that once belonged to Randal Hall from Allen Collins band, and later member of skynyrd. I can't remember if the rpice was 250 or 450. . . .but either way I should have grabbed it!

Eheheheh, now the quotation is around 2000/2500!!! Big headstok, and heavy like 2 Am. Standard: great sounding body! Loaded mine with 3 Custom 69 puppies.
She and my HIWATT SA212 Custom 50 combo with 2x12 Fane... and just a Monster Cable in between... and WOW... pure sweet!!! ;)

AE3 was definitely worth the wait - looking good. At least I can save myself a good amount of time now. Can't wait for the product to be fully operational with AxeManage (which I really miss!), Global block support, etc. But anyway, very well done to all involved. And the jumpered amps are most excellent (especially the Hiwatt where I'm busy dialling in DG sounds much easier!).

Guys (and gals). Overall, what a killer day for us...but I do have a problem:

If I open Axe Edit and THEN power on my AXE FX everything works fine. If I have my AXE on and then open Axe Edit I get a "timeout" message. Scrolling through the value knob on the AXE FX interface causes the preset to suddenly to appear in Axe Edit, but then I can't change cabs (and some other things).

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I am running FW 11, Axe Edit 3.0, OS X, and have the newest drivers installed.

Thanks in advance...

For those of you with the same problem, I got a very polite and prompt response from FAS. It looks like a simple fix, and looks to have solved the problem. Fractal, you guys rock!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Try the following.

1. Power on your Axe-Fx II.
2. Start Axe-Edit and go to Settings->Preferences.
3. Set Ports to "<< none >>" and close the Preferences dialog and then close Axe-Edit.
4. Re-open Axe-Edit, go to Settings->Preferences and select the Axe-Fx II in and out MIDI ports. You should see green check marks next to each port selection.
5. Once the ports are selected, Axe-Edit should begin communicating with the Axe-Fx II. Close Preferences dialog and see if the current preset has been loaded in Axe-Edit.

Let me know how it goes.

Ryan
Fractal Audio

spent 3 hours with FW11 and AE3.0, works perfectly so far....FINALLY!

I want to ask the stupid question may be. Axe edit doesn't support Axe Manage. How I can install user cabs and V11 preset banks to my Axe? I just bought new Ownhammer set, really want to try it, but don't know how!

I want to ask the stupid question may be. Axe edit doesn't support Axe Manage. How I can install user cabs and V11 preset banks to my Axe? I just bought new Ownhammer set, really want to try it, but don't know how!

Same as the past several months. FractalBot can do both of these tasks.

Upgraded to 3.0 and FW 11 and combined this is just amazing. I can't wait until all the upcoming enhancements planned are released.

Try AxeCabManager by CyberFerret. (do a search on this forum)

Back
Top Bottom