AXE EDIT 3.0.1 only works for about 2 min. then loses connection.

I have all the latest firmware/software updates etc. but when i try and use AXE-EDIT with my AXE-FX-MKII, AXE-EDIT only works for about 2 min. then I get an error message (see attachment) that says "connection lost due to timeout"....it is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?

operating system: MAC Mt. Lion 10.8.5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 12.35.18 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 12.35.18 PM.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 21
Moving.
Try another USB cable.

this is happening to me as well. i tried different usb port, cable, even different mac computer and reisntalling everything several times from scratch.
im starting to think it might be a hardware issue.
but not sure since i installed the previous version of the edit and it works. not perfect but good. so its connecting but with axe edit 3 its just not connecting.

BTW, this is happening for me as well. I've tried several cables, a different port, and re-installation. Another tread exists (if not more than one) concerning this, but I haven't read any official response so far. I hate to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem but......I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem.

BTW, this is happening for me as well. I've tried several cables, a different port, and re-installation. Another tread exists (if not more than one) concerning this, but I haven't read any official response so far. I hate to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem but......I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem.

+1. I have been freaking out that my new $2K+ unit might be DOA wrt to USB/MIDI. I think we need to see more acknowledgement of this than the standard "try another, cable, reboot" type of responses.

Try another USB cable.
Do not use cable extenders or USB hubs.
Try another USB port.
Make sure there are no corrupt IRs installed.
Try removing the settings file (Win: C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings and OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Axe-Edit.settings)

I periodically experience this under win7 x64 when doing a lot of editing and moving blocks around on the grid. Only solution is to reboot with Axe itself. Note: when this happens, it also renders FractalBot unusable as well until the Axe if turned off/on.

When editing sounds I sometimes run audio files for comparison. Can somebody confirm if that works for them or is this causing data overload and is considered a "known issue"?

I've basically had issues with Axe Edit all the time on different computers from Windows Vista through Windows 7 to Windows 10 (all 64 bit systems) using a Mark I, Mark II and now the Mark ll XL+.
I 've been trying the obvious things like using different ports, different cables etc, but it did not really help.

Axe Edit performance in my personal experience varied from fairly insable to constantly crashing, not to mention the times when it was completely shut down (to be rewritten from scratch or something), polarizing people into being upset about it or proudly condescending on those poor "Axe Edit addicts" as in "Learn to use the front panel! It's soooo easy!"
Well... it's not. And more to the point: it takes too long.

I have to agree with zenaxe here. The AxeFX is a quite expensive piece of gear, which to me implies a working and stable editor software. While the mere sounds of the unit are defining the industry standard unfortunately the complex routing options are hardly usable without Axe Edit.

Please give a little more love to Axe Edit! Pretty please?!

When editing sounds I sometimes run audio files for comparison. Can somebody confirm if that works for them or is this causing data overload and is considered a "known issue"?

I've basically had issues with Axe Edit all the time on different computers from Windows Vista through Windows 7 to Windows 10 (all 64 bit systems) using a Mark I, Mark II and now the Mark ll XL+.
I 've been trying the obvious things like using different ports, different cables etc, but it did not really help.

Axe Edit performance in my personal experience varied from fairly insable to constantly crashing, not to mention the times when it was completely shut down (to be rewritten from scratch or something), polarizing people into being upset about it or proudly condescending on those poor "Axe Edit addicts" as in "Learn to use the front panel! It's soooo easy!"
Well... it's not. And more to the point: it takes too long.

I have to agree with zenaxe here. The AxeFX is a quite expensive piece of gear, which to me implies a working and stable editor software. While the mere sounds of the unit are defining the industry standard unfortunately the complex routing options are hardly usable without Axe Edit.

Please give a little more love to Axe Edit! Pretty please?!
the problems in this thread are from 2013. i'd suggest starting your own thread. Axe-Edit does not crash continually for most of us.

Admin M@ Posted the information below in another thread. I tried about 5 different USB cables ranging from 6' to 2' with no success. Purchasing the cable below for about $10 solved my problem.

FROM M@TT: "In addition to the 5 meter cable they've always carried, we recently asked BestTronics to add a high quality 2 meter USB cable to their page of Fractal offerings. We've tested this cable and it works great. I'd recommend this option over similar cables from eBay."

http://btpa.com/Fractal-Audio/

Back
Top Bottom