Axe 3 security

Status
Not open for further replies.
If strangers have physical access the the gear in such a way they can just plug things into the USB port I think you've got your priorities wrong if your worry some someone taking the SOFTWARE from it.

Way more likely someone will just walk off with your gear.

Security folks sometimes bring up the notion of installing a steel vault door on a tent. Installing USB port security devices on gear sitting inside a portable rack case probably qualifies here.

I worked on a project with a hired studio musician. He copied presets without my permission when I was away. Not particularly mysterious.
He would never have physically stolen the Axe 3 box.

I, being a fractal user, since April 2009, do not claim to be an expert tone replicator. I am not! More importantly, nor do I want to be.
That being said I have absolutely no doubt their are multiple users on this forum that could replicate ANY tone they heard to a degree that the difference would be irrelevant to the sound.

But I also believe the OP has the right to want to "protect" or keep his presents from being copied no matter how likely or unlikely it may be.....

I think ultimately all I am getting at is that I think its up to each artist to decide about their process and privacy. Regardless of how other artists do things. Good to have a system where each person can do it they way that makes them feel most free and is right for them.

Right. Here's the part I disagree with, and this is a hot take for this forum: presets aren't worth that much. In fact I think buying presets is a silly concept in general. I don't think your (or the platinum artist's) presets are worth protecting anyways.

Right. Here's the part I disagree with, and this is a hot take for this forum: presets aren't worth that much. In fact I think buying presets is a silly concept in general. I don't think your (or the platinum artist's) presets are worth protecting anyways.
why should your evaluation of my presets determine whether they are protected or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom