AX8 with FRFR and tube amp

jrgg

How do I setup the ax8 if I want the left side of output 1 going to a tube combo amp with no amp or cab sims engaged, and the right side going to an FRFR cabinet with cab and amp sims engaged? Both will have the stereo reverb and delay effects.
Thanks.
Jim

Not possible to have the amp sim on and off at the same time. Placing the cab block at the end and creating a tap in front of it using the FX loop block allows you to run the tube amp without a cab sim through the FX send while Out 1 would connect to the FR system.

Not possible to have the amp sim on and off at the same time. Placing the cab block at the end and creating a tap in front of it using the FX loop block allows you to run the tube amp without a cab sim through the FX send while Out 1 would connect to the FR system.

Wouldn’t you still have the power amp modeling to deal with? Or are you suggesting to bypass the amp block as well as the cab?

Wouldn’t you still have the power amp modeling to deal with? Or are you suggesting to bypass the amp block as well as the cab?

Correct. That's why I said it's not possible to have the power amp sim on and off at the same time. Bypassing the amp block in my eyes defeats the purpose of having the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom