AX8 Wishes

Keg8605

Power User
After using the AX8 for a few weeks, here are a few things I find myself wishing for -

1) Global Blocks - no surprise here, lots of other people missing these too.
2) Scene Recall/Reload - so that on a preset when you click a scene it reloads its saved position. For example scene 1 is clean with no fx. I step on chorus and delay. Stepping on scene 1 again would return me to clean with no fx. Similar to preset reload on a midi controller.
3) VU meters for Output 2. If you use a power/amp cab and direct setup checking volume to both outputs is useful.
4) Different display options - ie choosing your home screen (preset names...etc.). Preset list shown when changing preset banks.

Feel free to add yours.

Wish #2 is fullfilled by enabling Scene Revert in I/O > MIDI.

No I have that on. Scene reload is different. Scene revert is so changes are not saved as you add in fx but even with that on if you click the same scene switch again it does not "revert" or reload or resend or what have you lol.

The utility menu before the VU meter does have a slim meter for output 2, but it would be nice to have both vu meters for the outputs together with the actual readings...

#1 and #4 are the big ones for me. I use the same amp/cab in most of my patches, and I'm already going through 7 patches and changing 1 setting more than I'd like :) And I'm at the point I basically have to remember the patch #'s because there's no way I can see the names or quickly go through the list while performing.

Another one I'd like to see:
Copy a block to same preset or another (at least I don't think you can do this on the unit, I'll have to re-read the manual to be sure).

After using the AX8 for a few weeks, here are a few things I find myself wishing for -

1) Global Blocks - no surprise here, lots of other people missing these too.
2) Scene Recall/Reload - so that on a preset when you click a scene it reloads its saved position. For example scene 1 is clean with no fx. I step on chorus and delay. Stepping on scene 1 again would return me to clean with no fx. Similar to preset reload on a midi controller.
3) VU meters for Output 2. If you use a power/amp cab and direct setup checking volume to both outputs is useful.
4) Different display options - ie choosing your home screen (preset names...etc.). Preset list shown when changing preset banks.

Feel free to add yours.

I agree with all of these. I also think that in preset select mode, the screen should show what preset is in each slot of the 8 with names. And that the ability to copy blocks on the unit (which is present on the rack units) should be added. And finally, I hate that whatever switch you last pressed it highligted in black! This is very confusing. If you want to show it was last pressed, put a tiny asterisk by it or something unobtrusive. In a performance I just want to see what's on and what's off.
-
Austin

Some way to copy blocks and paste multiple times on the unit would sort of help the globlal block issue too. Although its basically the same as recalling an effect.

I would love a talent button. Something I would select for solo breaks and such. It would be cool if we could have a drop down where we would select the artist we wish to emulate. :p

After about a week w/ the Ax8,
  1. Scene Reload - This would be *very* useful... Hit F2, and hit the current scene button to reload its original state.
  2. Highlight which blocks are active in the display. Yes, we have green & yellow lights but I mostly look at the screen. Having both the screen and the lights just becomes more things to look at in the heat of the moment. And seeing the difference between the dotted or solid line around the block is basically impossible when you're standing. Stepping on the IA could still make that the active block for editing.
  3. Show the names of the 8 presets in the bank when you hit F1. We have no other way to navigate to find a certain preset; there's no master list like on the Recall screen of the AFX. Right now we have to just poke around at random - I know where my 5 presets are, but I have no idea about the factory presets. When you want to go "where's that Euro preset?" there's no way to find it without going one-by-one.
  4. On-screen display to show when an x/y change is made. You can't see the yellow light when your foot is on the pedal. (maybe blink the block's display a couple of times).
  5. Copy/paste blocks (of course you can already do this in Axe Edit).

After about a week w/ the Ax8,
  1. Scene Reload - This would be *very* useful... Hit F2, and hit the current scene button to reload its original state.
  2. Highlight which blocks are active in the display. Yes, we have green & yellow lights but I mostly look at the screen. Having both the screen and the lights just becomes more things to look at in the heat of the moment. And seeing the difference between the dotted or solid line around the block is basically impossible when you're standing. Stepping on the IA could still make that the active block for editing.
  3. Show the names of the 8 presets in the bank when you hit F1. We have no other way to navigate to find a certain preset; there's no master list like on the Recall screen of the AFX. Right now we have to just poke around at random - I know where my 5 presets are, but I have no idea about the factory presets. When you want to go "where's that Euro preset?" there's no way to find it without going one-by-one.
  4. On-screen display to show when an x/y change is made. You can't see the yellow light when your foot is on the pedal. (maybe blink the block's display a couple of times).
  5. Copy/paste blocks (of course you can already do this in Axe Edit).

Your #3. YES. I actually printed out the list of factory presets and put the paper in my manual. This works at home, but I'll never remember at rehearsal...

I have another new one (since the global block is not yet present).

Either the ability to load a block from another preset on the hardware (so you could make a bank of presets that just have your re-usable blocks to load into new presets - or for updating presets)

OR

A way for a user to save the parameters of a block to a "stored user parameters" section in memory. That way you can tweak away, then just update your saved parameter to use in other presets. To use you would just go to a block and "import" your "stored user parameters"...

Wish, from this thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/can-you-plug-two-guitars-in-at-the-same-time.108379/

I would like to see the ability to use Input 2 as an input with separate signal routing in the AX8 without the need to insert an FX loop. This will allow users to use the Echo Output 1 to Output 2 function. The way they have it configured now disabling the Echo function makes sense if the FX loop is being used as a loop, but does not really make sense if you want to use Input 2 for a separate signal. They would also have to add the mixer block or some other way to assign Input 1 and Input 2 to two separate signal paths since the AX8 is really set up for just a single mono input.

Back
Top Bottom