AX8 V7.00 Released

T... it is recommended that the amp block be reset by deselecting and reselecting the desired amp model to load the new default values and the preset then auditioned and readjusted as necessary.

Can you please explain the difference between doing the above reset and "Reset Current Effect Type" (Command-I) in the AX8-Edit. It looks to me like Command-I does that, but also resets some of the basic amp controls (Bass, Mid, Treb, etc.). Do I understand that correctly?
Thanks.

Can you please explain the difference between doing the above reset and "Reset Current Effect Type" (Command-I) in the AX8-Edit. It looks to me like Command-I does that, but also resets some of the basic amp controls (Bass, Mid, Treb, etc.). Do I understand that correctly?
Thanks.
Yep, if you deselect/reselect it keeps your settings. However, I have noticed some changes based on amp type. So you have to verify.

I just loaded this and my first preset was dead so I went to another and dead also. I went to another and it had sound but really bad metallic sounding almost like the cab sim was off. I started from scratch and it was ok. Went back to the dead presets and started with each block engaging and switching each one and it was the cab block. I switched to another user cab and back and it was fine. Should I reload?

Also, I never downloaded the beta if that matters.

Reloaded firmware and refreshed again through Ax8-Edit and still having the same issue. I guess the fix for me is switching cabs and then back again.

Should we expect a new preset package since the amp block and the cabs changed so much? By the way, thanks FAS, you guys just ROCK!!!

Updated to the beta without a problem but just updated to the final v7.00 and I'm getting a strange problem on every preset where the amp dry sound is very low and the reverb and delay's are very loud. Tried reinstalling and the same thing happened. Gonna try and reinstall the beta to see what happens.

Any ideas?

John

Updated to the beta without a problem but just updated to the final v7.00 and I'm getting a strange problem on every preset where the amp dry sound is very low and the reverb and delay's are very loud. Tried reinstalling and the same thing happened. Gonna try and reinstall the beta to see what happens.

Any ideas?

John

Problem solved.... please ignore!

p.s. ... love this thing!!!

Back
Top Bottom