AX8 V6.02 Released

Did you reset the amp block? Meaning, did you open the preset, go to the amp block, select a different amp model, and then re-select your desired amp model? You have to do that to reset various advanced parameters in the amp block that need to be changed for the updated algorithms. I can't guarantee it will fix the spikes but it's a necessary step after a major firmware update.

It also just occurred to me that we should create a new thread to discuss this issue, as we've hijacked the the 6.02 update thread.
Well....shoot, i did not select a different amp and then reselect my desired amp. I'll give it a try to see if it fixes the spikes. Thanks :)

Well....shoot, i did not select a different amp and then reselect my desired amp. I'll give it a try to see if it fixes the spikes. Thanks :)
Well... I tried deselecting and reselecting the amp...still the same spikes in the waveform. Hoping a new release fixes this. for now, back to 5.01.

7.0 is out (in beta) so yes, best to check after your weekend gig.
Cool, thx. As an update, I tried 2 different amps(both amps have the spikes). Interesting, I only see the spikes in the scenes with the studio comp on. i did try to deselect it, chose the pedal comp2 and then back to the studio comp, but in the end, still spikes. I have the studio comp set to 9:1 ratio. yep quite high but it really adds some sustain for my slide (in 5.01 works great). The studio comp is the only compressor i could get the MXR Dyna comp extreme compression simulation. I didn't read any notes about changes to the compressors. Any rate, I'll give 7.0 a go when i get another break from gigs.

I just updated from 5.01 to the 6.02 and first thing i had to do was turn my out1 level from 9 oclock to 11 oclock ( to match the outputs).
I am now noticing some extra spikes in the waveform. I'm using the T808mod and vibrolux amp. I didn't see anything in the release notes that would affect these besides gain. did I miss something? Planning on rolling back to 5.01... see pictures of the wave files.View attachment 38457
Well......Same result with 7.01. Any ideas? Help....

Back
Top Bottom