AX8 V6.01 Released

I just tried it and its a lot darker than the beta to me, a lot less high end. Should I reload it?

Did the update change my Friedman amp sound? Or all my Marshall,Friedman and Splawn sounds? Sounds brighter,

Getting somewhat mixed signals here. :D

I find 6.01 beta a bit brighter than Q5, but I quite like it. I'm hanging on to my beta 6.01 for a bit to hear if others find it darker as well.

I find 6.01 beta a bit brighter than Q5, but I quite like it. I'm hanging on to my beta 6.01 for a bit to hear if others find it darker as well.
I've only tried the heavy amps like 5153 Red and Engl

It's fine with the Marshall type amps,(the brightness) not with the Friedman and Splawn! The

I have to say that i really love the new EXIT function!
Great working! So easy to switch between bot displays / modes.

Just one wish i have:
When you use bank up and bank down settings for the function switches, its always a preset selected. It would be better, that you switch first the bank, and then the switch for the preset.
In current functionality i think the bank up and down switches are not useful.
If fractal would change this, there is no really need for the sticky preset mode!

What do you other guys (ladys out there?) think?

I have to say that i really love the new EXIT function!
Great working! So easy to switch between bot displays / modes.

Just one wish i have:
When you use bank up and bank down settings for the function switches, its always a preset selected. It would be better, that you switch first the bank, and then the switch for the preset.
In current functionality i think the bank up and down switches are not useful.
If fractal would change this, there is no really need for the sticky preset mode!

What do you other guys (ladys out there?) think?
You can use SINGLE PRESET/BANK mode to receive that function. The request initially was for a BANKUP/DN that automatically selected the corresponding preset.

You can use SINGLE PRESET/BANK mode to receive that function. The request initially was for a BANKUP/DN that automatically selected the corresponding preset.

Hi Joe,
Thats 3 steps on the board: first: single preset/bank, then bank up, then patchnumber.

I think its better to have F2 F3 as bank up and down, and after that only switching the preset number within the bank.
With the introduction of the EXIT function it would be possible to have 2 functionalities:
Big Patch number: Patch mode (bank up and down, preset switching)

Second:
Push exit, and now you are in stomp box mode.
This would be very cool. Something like the functionalities in the Boss GT 10.

By the way.....
It is so cool, to have people like Joe, who take time to discuss, search for solutions.....
This is why i think fractal audio is sooooo progressive.
It is a company with a living producer/customer relationship.

I really appreciate this. I dont know any company which is like this.
You guys are great!

First rehearsal with 6.01 and everything went great! Really helpful the EXIT function :D
Ready to first gig tomorrow nite with a Pink Floyd tribute band...
Thanks, Great job FAS Team!!

Since I am not in front of mine and have not had a chance to update: are you saying that under the new firmware, if you have F2 assigned to perform Bank Down and F3 as Bank Up, that when you switch banks, it automatically swithes to the same Preset in the new bank? For example: if you are on Bank 2, Preset 3, and you switch to Bank 1, you will automatically be in Bank 1, Preset 3? (Instead of having to select a Preset after switching Banks before it would change from the Preset you were playing previously?).

It always was like this.
When you have f-switches set up for bank up and down, you switch bank, and the same patch number as in the former bank is active

I just tried it and its a lot darker than the beta to me, a lot less high end. Should I reload it?
I never got around to the beta, came from 5x.. but my first impression was darker.. first thing I tried was to reset the amp block (select different type, then back) and instantly brighter and better.

I also noticed my drive blocks were much lower level.

Easily tweakable and everything sounds great after adjustments, but I'm glad I didn't update FW immediately before a gig or something.. not that I'd ever risk that.

My first impression is that for me, the Dirty Shirley is darker. I will try resetting the amp block and see if it helps.

My first impression is that for me, the Dirty Shirley is darker. I will try resetting the amp block and see if it helps.
It could be because it defaults to the 12AX7 JJ now, which sounds a little darker to me than the other preamp tubes. I've been A/B'ing the model against the real thing since the firmware dropped and I honestly think I'd have trouble telling them apart in a blind test.

What was it set to before? I didn't notice...
It could be because it defaults to the 12AX7 JJ now, which sounds a little darker to me than the other preamp tubes. I've been A/B'ing the model against the real thing since the firmware dropped and I honestly think I'd have trouble telling them apart in a blind test.

Back
Top Bottom