AX8 V6.01 Released

The only advantage of live-gig-type monitors (what you're calling "real FRFR") is volume. Dollar for dollar, studio monitors are usually more accurate.

The only advantage of live-gig-type monitors (what you're calling "real FRFR") is volume. Dollar for dollar, studio monitors are usually more accurate.
Thats great to hear. I actually feel like 8" I got is maybe overkill. I haven't tried 5" but I definitely use less then 20 percent of 8 " capacity. Thank again

Yep, for bedroom practicing the HS8's are great. I wouldn't think you would need anything bigger or louder. I use my studio monitors at home all the time and only time I use an FRFR is playing live. For that my Yamaha DXR10 does a fine job.

Thats great to hear. I actually feel like 8" I got is maybe overkill. I haven't tried 5" but I definitely use less then 20 percent of 8 " capacity. Thank again

Just be aware of positioning. Live speakers spread the sound in a specific way, so, normally they sound better if you hear them a little far way.

Studio monitors in the other hand are made to be heard very directional in the "golden triangle" distance and position.

So, just be sure your HS8 is ear level and if you have two, they must be at the same distance of each other as they are from you.

Thanks guys. I love how supportive this forum is . Im sure my questions are pretty lame and many other forums would refer me to the search tool. I ended up playing till 6 am and dialed some very nice tones. AX8 is definitely require tweaking to get amazing results but most if the top shelf professional gear does.

Back
Top Bottom