AX8 V5.01 Public Beta

OK guys so I tested the 5.01 and i can say... woww... FAStastic indeed! the unit is getting more musical... the sound is becoming rounder and more organic... a good way to test it is to roll back the volume on the guitar while using a high gain amp and check the tone... if it gets too grainy and digital sounding then you know it's bad... its not the case with this update... i love it. My satriani patch never sounded so close the real thing!

Seems like I'm the first to run into trouble with this beta :(
AX-8 edit shows a communication time-out (see screenshot). Any ideas?Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-26 um 20.16.41.png

oh and the Hook is a beast to be discovered... i also went through briefly the legacy model but i was using my Joe Satriani guitar... tomorrow i will test it with a Steve Vai JEM and will let you know... i only wish FAS would model the clean channel of the Legacy because it is awesome and provide us with a hi-res version of the legacy cab.

Don't have Chrome, but Safari seems just as bad in this context :(

Connecting, disconnecting, powering on and off several times seem to have fixed the problem.

It's the Honeymoon Syndrome.

Not every new amp model gets this type of attention so it is not a honeymoon thing. I have lost track of how any amps have been add in the almost 7 years that I have been here. Every once in a while one comes along that really makes the masses stand up and take notice

I really like the Ruckus, it seems to have more clarity. I did have to turn up the gain a little to get back to where I was before but there is definitely more detail in the sound. Is sounds great!

Not every new amp model gets this type of attention so it is not a honeymoon thing. I have lost track of how any amps have been add in the almost 7 years that I have been here. Every once in a while one comes along that really makes the masses stand up and take notice

That's still the definition of the honeymoon stage. No one said the amp was not good, great or otherwise. It's a matter of fact when something new comes out there is a phase. The timeline that it lasts is relative to it's quality and excitement level. Don't take things so personal that you feel every comment needs defended. No one was knocking anything.

Yeah, I used that Hook in a recording session yesterday (Wed) morning at Reel 2 Reel Studios. Ended up sounding better direct than post-processing! (lol) Gotta love some what some producers and song writers will do, I guess..

That's still the definition of the honeymoon stage. No one said the amp was not good, great or otherwise. It's a matter of fact when something new comes out there is a phase. The timeline that it lasts is relative to it's quality and excitement level. Don't take things so personal that you feel every comment needs defended. No one was knocking anything.
Not personal nor, defending. Just pointing out a form trend. Ax8 and FX8 has lots of new member on the forum thanks to these two killer products who don't really have any idea about some of the common occurrences or lack of occurrences around here.

Back
Top Bottom