AX8 V4.01 Released

now waiting for the new vai amp and captain hook that were released for the AXE Fx.... time to start wining...

So the new firmware with the new amps for the AX8 should be 4.02 which is what the official release for the AxeFx II would be right? Will they finally be in sync as far as firmware numbers go?

So the new firmware with the new amps for the AX8 should be 4.02 which is what the official release for the AxeFx II would be right? Will they finally be in sync as far as firmware numbers go?
Syncing firmware numbers isn't really a goal. There's no real benefit.

Example: would you ever avoid loading the latest firmware because the numbers didn't sync up?

Syncing firmware numbers isn't really a goal. There's no real benefit.

Example: would you ever avoid loading the latest firmware because the numbers didn't sync up?
Just an observation of possible alignment. Everyone is so touchy on here. I could care less if they are but it seems they are staying neck and neck with new firmware and amp additions.

Just an observation of possible alignment. Everyone is so touchy on here. I could care less if they are but it seems they are staying neck and neck with new firmware and amp additions.
Not touchy. Just a dry statement of fact. When you said "finally be in sync," that implied a desired outcome. At least it sounded like one.

And you're right: improvements in one unit that apply to the other unit tend to make their way there pretty quickly.

I really liked the demos I heard for the Hook Captain Classic 34. I had never heard of it before.The demos all seemed to be in a similar style and with similar guitars as mine and my playing aspirations. Seems like a great addition to the family.

Being a huge vai fan... the new legacy would be dope... now i hope they will capture a high res legacy cab

That explains why there could be some lapse, but why release something new on one platform and leave the others in wait? Nothing you can do about it, but it's a little odd from my perspective. Like giving one of your kids a present for Christmas and making the other kid wait and there's no timeline for the wait.......

That's part of running a company providing multiple product lines. Release them at the same time or wait for both. It's not like there is an amp deficiency within the units. I'd say there are more than enough to hold anyone over. It is the right thing to do though.;)

AxeFX gets the betas. When the final version is released, the Ax8 usually gets the update more or less at the same time.

...why release something new on one platform and leave the others in wait? Nothing you can do about it, but it's a little odd from my perspective.
Here's the opposite side of your question:

Why delay the release of something new on one platform just because it hasn't yet been implemented on another platform?

If you are looking out for all your kids then you look out for all your kids. It's very easy. If someone gets something early then so be it but put something out for those that didn't get it at the time so they know when it's coming. I know I know if they miss the date everyone complains. If that approach is taken no one has anything to complain about. At least the effort was made. Don't get me wrong I could care less with all the amps available I'm simply pointing out a valid method for providing one group of the family with something when the other doesn't receive the same.

Last edited:
If you are looking out for all your kids then you look out for all your kids. It's very easy. If someone gets something early then so be it but put something out for those that didn't get it at the time so they know when it's coming.
The kids are grown now. They don't fuss about such trivial matters as who gets what first. :) They know that if a new amp model comes along, they'll get their fair share of it. Also, one of those kids is the acknowledged flagship product. But even the flagship doesn't always get stuff first.

If that approach is taken no one has anything to complain about.
I think there's nothing to complain about now. And still some will complain. That's just how it is.

Back
Top Bottom