AX8 V4.00 Release

I thought it sounded to bass heavy through my in ears on first impression. I decided to play through the perceived change and not make any adjustments. When I used it live on Sunday service I was amazed by what came out of the PA. Upon the first strum I noticed a huge difference. "Pure juice" no preservatives. Thank you Fractal it has been six months and still absolutely satisfied.

I had to turn down the brightness on most of my own patches. Other then that it sounds anwesome. Open, natural and responsive. Great job!

And history learns us that the option to switch often is removed after a while anyway because 99% of the users use/prefer the latest version.

TRUE: This was my experience updating my Axe2 to FW Q4, after careful testing I switched every presets to latest modeling version and I never looked back...so far, so good!

TRUE: This was my experience updating my Axe2 to FW Q4, after careful testing I switched every presets to latest modeling version and I never looked back...so far, so good!
'Switched every pre set'?? Is there an additional step beyond simply updating the FW or is that what you were saying?

Just updated my AX8 to the 4.0. . . I'm one who was VERY SCARED to do this , as I loved mine just as I got it. I play loud, and thru a guitar cabinet and guitar-oriented power amp. . I haven't had a need or desire to do the FRFR cabinet thing yet... . Just a headsup but I don't feel any extra 'bassiness' on all on all of my programs I've created, and not sure if there's any extra sag/squishiness etc that some guys are describing. THE ONLY WAY I'd be able to tell that is by directly a/b'ing the 2 versions.. . If anything there's a bit more brightness/clarity. . Meanwhile, I haven't adjusting anything after the upgrade this morning. .It kicks ass . . . . Carry on. . Eric

Getting "An error has occurred during file transmission. Please reboot the AX8 and try again" error message. Have tried this several times now and same issue over and over. Have tried reloading F-Bot and rebooting the AX8. Am following the video instructions. Have also tried letting F-Bot download v4.

Getting "An error has occurred during file transmission. Please reboot the AX8 and try again" error message. Have tried this several times now and same issue over and over. Have tried reloading F-Bot and rebooting the AX8. Am following the video instructions. Have also tried letting F-Bot download v4.
Try this:

1) Unplug the USB cable.

2) Quit the Bot.

3) Shut down your AX8.

4) Restart both the AX8 and Fractal-Bot.

5) After both AX8 and Bot are completely up and running, plug the USB cable back in.

6) Now give it a try, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks Rex. I am pretty sure I've tried every which way of plugging in, unplugging, shutting down restarting. Have done at least 10 times in total and always the same result. Have definitely tried the above method though. Thanks for the advice.

Now updated successfully. I left everything as it was, F-Bot running, AX8 plugged in, everything connected. I shut down the AX8, turned it on and hit Begin on F-Bot. The only thing I didn't do this time was go into the AX8 utility page and hit enter to prepare the device for the FM update. Weird? Seems that way to me. I thought that was a required step.

Last edited:
Ok. The firmware update guide shows that it's required so without an AX8 video I assumed that was a necessary step. When I selected that option from within the AX8 it sure seemed that was as it said ready for update (or something like that). Anyway, all good and ready for next time.

Now updated successfully. I left everything as it was, F-Bot running, AX8 plugged in, everything connected. I shut down the AX8, turned it on and hit Begin on F-Bot. The only thing I didn't do this time was go into the AX8 utility page and hit enter to prepare the device for the FM update. Weird? Seems that way to me. I thought that was a required step.
I'm glad you got it sorted.

Hmmmmm Using a macbook I can select the device in fractal bot but the next two steps are grey, I can neither select browse or begin ????

Back
Top Bottom