AX8 scene increment decrement

metalgarth

Inspired
Does anyone know of a small-ish midi controller that could be used solely for Scene Up and Scene Down within a patch?

Morningstar FX MC6 is a local favorite in these parts. It would be nice if you could use something as small as the MIDI Mouse, but you need a MIDI pedal capable of sending different values of a single CC. MC6 and more advanced pedals can do that.

Oh actually. I forgot. Scene increment/decrement doesn't need MIDI - only if you need to access a specific scene.

You can just use a dual footswitch like the Boss FS-6.

Oh actually. I forgot. Scene increment/decrement doesn't need MIDI - only if you need to access a specific scene.

You can just use a dual footswitch like the Boss FS-6.

I'm looking through the manual and I'm not seeing how this work with a Boss FS-6, can anyone give me the quick and dirty way to do this?

1. You'll need to use two of the four AX8 pedal ports. Just use 2 standard TS patch cables from the FS-6 outs.
  2. Set both sides of the FS-6 to momentary/unlatch.
  3. Let's say you use Pedal ports 3 and 4 (which leaves 1 and 2 for expression pedals).
  4. On the AX8, go to SETUP > I/O > CTRL.
  5. Scroll to EXT CTRL 3 and set it to NONE. Set EXT CTRL 4 and also set it to NONE.
  6. Now on the same page, scroll to SCENE INCR and set it to PEDAL 3. Then set SCENE DECR to PEDAL 4.
  7. Finally, exit this menu and go to SETUP > I/O > PEDAL and make sure that both PEDAL 3 and 4 are set to Momentary.
You can find this info starting on page 86 of the manual.

1. You'll need to use two of the four AX8 pedal ports. Just use 2 standard TS patch cables from the FS-6 outs.
  2. Set both sides of the FS-6 to momentary/unlatch.
  3. Let's say you use Pedal ports 3 and 4 (which leaves 1 and 2 for expression pedals).
  4. On the AX8, go to SETUP > I/O > CTRL.
  5. Scroll to EXT CTRL 3 and set it to NONE. Set EXT CTRL 4 and also set it to NONE.
  6. Now on the same page, scroll to SCENE INCR and set it to PEDAL 3. Then set SCENE DECR to PEDAL 4.
  7. Finally, exit this menu and go to SETUP > I/O > PEDAL and make sure that both PEDAL 3 and 4 are set to Momentary.
You can find this info starting on page 86 of the manual.

Hi. Awesome infos, tqvm. I wld be using the fs6 as well. Wat wld Axe8bros usually assign the fs6 to? Some examples wld help. Tqvm

Here are some other ideas for a dual footswitch:
  • Out 1 Volume Increment + Decrement (this is per scene and automatically saves the preset, so useful for tweaking preset/scene levels at a gig)
  • Reverb Hold + Delay Repeat Hold
  • Amp X/Y + Amp Boost
  • Metronome + Tap Tempo (set the FS6 to latch for tap)
  • Looper Dub + Looper Stop
  • Rotary bypass + Rotary Rate or XY
  • Tremolo bypass + Tremolo Rate (with damping, set to momentary for temporary swirliness)

Here are some other ideas for a dual footswitch:
  • Out 1 Volume Increment + Decrement (this is per scene and automatically saves the preset, so useful for tweaking preset/scene levels at a gig)
  • Reverb Hold + Delay Repeat Hold
  • Amp X/Y + Amp Boost
  • Metronome + Tap Tempo (set the FS6 to latch for tap)
  • Looper Dub + Looper Stop
  • Rotary bypass + Rotary Rate or XY
  • Tremolo bypass + Tremolo Rate (with damping, set to momentary for temporary swirliness)
Tqvm for ur infos. I shld b assigning the fs6 to the Amp x/y + amp boost.. thks again..

Back
Top Bottom