Ax8 s/pdif Logic Pro

sunil999

hi guys need help on recording to Logic Pro x using komplete audio 6 using s/pdif can someone please guide me thanks

Create a stereo track in Logix X and set the input to 5 and 6. you also have to set the komplete's clock source to Spdif. Ax8 is fixed at 48k hz/ 24bit. So your Logic session also needs to be 48/24.
I don't use komplete but Scarlett mix control lets you set your Scarlett as slave. AX8 being the master. You'll need to figure how to do that for your interface.

Hi guys I have signal now but on the komplete 6 interface clock set to spdif I can't select 48k .... Is that ok? But. Have signal now! One more question guys how do I make di track with setup I will be recording later.
Thanks for your help

Last edited:
If the clock on Komplete 6 is set to Spdif then it is 48k. If not you will hear clicks or other disturbances.

Add an FX Loop block to your preset in AX8 edit. connect your input block directly to this block. Connect your cab block to this block as well. Pan the FX loop block hard left(DI) and right(Dry amp). Connect the FX send outputs on the back of your AX8 to two inputs on your komplete. These will be two mono tracks in your Logic pro X with respective inputs set. connect the main outs (XLR or 1/4inch) to two other inputs on your Komplete. This will be a single stereo track in Logic X. This way you have a DI track, a dry amp and cab track and a fully wet track with all the effects.

So basically input->FX Loop ->pan hard left ->Komplete 6 input 1 = DI Signal
input->amp->cab->FX Loop->pan hard right->Komplete 6 input 2 = Dry amp signal
input->effects(if any)->amp->cab->effects(delay, reverb etc if any)->main out L & R-> Komplete 6 input 3 and 4 = Wet Signal

You can do a lot more using AX8-Edit. You'll figure it out as you start playing with it.

If the clock on Komplete 6 is set to Spdif then it is 48k. If not you will hear clicks or other disturbances.

Add an FX Loop block to your preset in AX8 edit. connect your input block directly to this block. Connect your cab block to this block as well. Pan the FX loop block hard left(DI) and right(Dry amp). Connect the FX send outputs on the back of your AX8 to two inputs on your komplete. These will be two mono tracks in your Logic pro X with respective inputs set. connect the main outs (XLR or 1/4inch) to two other inputs on your Komplete. This will be a single stereo track in Logic X. This way you have a DI track, a dry amp and cab track and a fully wet track with all the effects.

input->amp->cab->FX Loop->pan hard right->Komplete 6 input 2 = Dry help amp signal
input->effects(if any)->amp->cab->effects(delay, reverb etc if any)->main out L & R-> Komplete 6 input 3 and 4
You can do a lot more using AX8-Edit. You'll figure it out as you start playing with it.
Thank you I'm getting only this option 44100.0 hz

input->amp->cab->FX Loop->pan hard right->Komplete 6 input 2 = Dry amp signal
input->effects(if any)->amp->cab->effects(delay, reverb etc if any)->main out L & R-> Komplete 6 input 3 and 4 = Wet Signal

I like the look of that setup. I'm going to try this myself. Thanks.

@Sunil. Since I don't have the same interface, I can't figure why that is happening. I'm sure you can find it on google or elsewhere on this forum though. Just do a search..

@sunil999 I just posted this same question as a new thread... Just purchased a Komplete Audio 6 and I'm getting the same result as you -- selecting External Clock in Audio MIDI Setup forces the sample rate to 44.1. I'm able to get signal through S/PDIF in Logic at 44.1 as well. Curious! Any more luck on your end figuring this out?

Logic

go to 'File/project settings/audio'

is the sample rate for an audio track. Not exactly out in the open :D

It's not a global setting, so if your Mixcontrol sticks at 44khz, the setting will have changed in Logic.

Last edited:
Logic

go to 'File/project settings/audio'

is the sample rate for an audio track. Not exactly out in the open :D

It's not a global setting, so if your Mixcontrol sticks at 44khz, the setting will have changed in Logic.

Thanks! The problem is that with Clock Source in Audio MIDI Setup set to External Clock (S/PDIF), which forces the sample rate below that to 44.1 (strangely), the sample rate in Logic is also forced to 44.1. I can change that setting in Project Settings to 48 k, but it'll pop right back to 44.1. Which makes sense, in that the clock source is external. I'm starting to think that this issue is specific to the Komplete Audio 6...

@sunil999 I just posted this same question as a new thread... Just purchased a Komplete Audio 6 and I'm getting the same result as you -- selecting External Clock in Audio MIDI Setup forces the sample rate to 44.1. I'm able to get signal through S/PDIF in Logic at 44.1 as well. Curious! Any more luck on your end figuring this out?
Hi sir actually I haven't .i just went with input 1/2

Back
Top Bottom