Jackie Wood

Ok so I’ve had my AX8 a few months and I’ve discovered some limitations and how I want my live set up to be. I’m running my AX8 with cab modeling Direct and I’m running a cab with the power stage 170. I have an idea how I’m going to run the signal without skipping delays/reverbs and the Fx loop, just haven’t been able to mess with it because of school . I have a very picky director for a Christmas concert and rehearsals are starting up. So if anyone has and patches similar to this set up I would enjoy seeing how you did it and hearing about any hangups you encountered!

Are you already using the FX loop for something else? If not, you could put the fx in a parallel series next to the cab kinda like what's in the manual on pg 17.

Last edited:
Are you already using the FX loop for something else? If not, you could put the fx in a parallel series next to the cab kinda like what's in the manual on pg 17.
Right now I’m just running some extra reverb in the fx loop in parallel but I may try your suggestion. I’m just having some issues with the wetness, could be the pedal though. It’s the Ernie Ball ambient delay I picked it up to try it out it kinda sucks but being able to blend on the fly is very nice.

Right now I’m just running some extra reverb in the fx loop in parallel but I may try your suggestion. I’m just having some issues with the wetness, could be the pedal though. It’s the Ernie Ball ambient delay I picked it up to try it out it kinda sucks but being able to blend on the fly is very nice.

Maybe try just having the reverb pedal be routed from the line out on the AX8? So it goes guitar -> AX8 -> EB Reverb -> FOH

You wouldn't get the reverb coming through your monitor but it'd go to the FOH.

Back
Top Bottom