AX8 Power-

CQC-6

Hello All-

I was wondering if the AX8 can be powered by the power outlet on the back of a VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2?

It's a 200 watt outlet I think-

It would be nice if it could, so my wireless and everything can be powered from one source. Then having not one IEC cable to run.

Planning my board way early.
Still waiting for the invite.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

I just looked at the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus. I don't see how this is going to connect the AX8. The AX8 is 110-240V AC and the Voodoo looks like it is only 9-15V DC. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong unit?

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong unit?
Your looking at the wrong outputs.

The PP2 has a 'courtesy outlet' which is a normal GPO on the back of the power supply.

The other outputs are your standard 9VDC for powering pedals

Thanks everyone,

Yes, I was thinking about the normal outlet on the back of the PedalPower. I just wasn't sure how much power the AX8 was pulling.

Thanks Again!

From page 93 of the manual:

GENERAL
Finish: Powder coated steel chassis with anodized aluminum faceplate and end panels
Display: 160x80 dot matrix graphic LCD
Dimensions: 16.1” x 4.0” x 10.3” (410mm x 101mm x 262mm)
Weight: 11.8 lbs. (5.4 kg)
Input Voltage: 100–240 VAC, 47 – 63 Hz (universal input)
Power Consumption: <40 W

You should be fine.

If you put your "wireless and everything" and AX8 then its good to calculate the summary of power consumption to not pass the limit.

Is the AC outlet on the PP2 just a courtesy outlet, or is it conditioned in any way? I can't find any useful information in the manual they provided regarding this output. I've been considering gutting a Furman AC-215a and putting it in a more optimized form factor for the board I'm making.

Is the AC outlet on the PP2 just a courtesy outlet, or is it conditioned in any way? I can't find any useful information in the manual they provided regarding this output. I've been considering gutting a Furman AC-215a and putting it in a more optimized form factor for the board I'm making.
It's just a courtesy outlet. It's literally wired straight to the mains input on the unit.

Only issue with the courtesy output, depending on how you place it on your pedalboard (especially under) is that it's parallel to the AC in, so depending on the case you need to use an angled power cable or then it's fine. It also is too deep inside with let's say placing the PP2+ underneath a pedaltrain with the two holes for AC, what I did was to just plug in an plug-extender so it now sticks out and I could use it for other purposes.. Or if if you use a normal grounded cable then this should be fine (this was mostly for my wireless 2-phrong AC adapter.)

Back
Top Bottom