AX8 Pedalboard Build

You probably know this, but the AX8 can do most of the stuff those pedals do.

You probably know this, but the AX8 can do most of the stuff those pedals do.

I have yet to get the AX8 close to the Robotalk. I'm not saying it can't, as I haven't really put that much time in. But the Robotalk is such a unique pedal...very different from most other filters.

Haha, absolutely, but in using the pedals it saves me some CPU so I can use more complex patches and CPU intensive effects such as delay, reverb and pitch.

I've found that an AX8 and a few pedals achieves the same things my AFX2 could do in a more compact setup
Exactly, I do the same.

Haha, absolutely, but in using the pedals it saves me some CPU so I can use more complex patches and CPU intensive effects such as delay, reverb and pitch.

I've found that an AX8 and a few pedals achieves the same things my AFX2 could do in a more compact setup

I'm building the same kind of hybrid setup now. I recently moved from an Axe-FX to an Ax8 and I plan to incorporate four pedals into my signal chain...Eventide H9, Effectrode Photo-Optical Tube Compressor, Effectrode SR-71 Blackbird and Strymon El Capistan. My plan is to run the two Effectrode pedals in front and the H9 & El Capistan in a stereo effects loop. This will save CPU power and allow me to assign more AX8 effects to the available switches.

Since, I already have the pedals and really like them, there's no reason not to incorporate them into my signal chain along with my AX8.

It looks great!

What is that LED light rope thingy? I really like how it's not overbearing like some LED strips, but just outlines the edge of the board. I will be rebuilding my board soon, so if it's not too expensive, I might want something similar.

I have yet to get the AX8 close to the Robotalk. I'm not saying it can't, as I haven't really put that much time in. But the Robotalk is such a unique pedal...very different from most other filters.
Totally agree! Theres something about the Robotalk isn't there!

It looks great!

What is that LED light rope thingy? I really like how it's not overbearing like some LED strips, but just outlines the edge of the board. I will be rebuilding my board soon, so if it's not too expensive, I might want something similar.
I found it on eBay for £4 for 5 metres, its really subtle, much more so than the huge rope LED lights you can get

I found it on eBay for £4 for 5 metres, its really subtle, much more so than the huge rope LED lights you can get

Thank you! I found something similar and ordered it for my own board (I'm pretty sure it's the same kind, except I ordered blue). Hopefully it will arrive in time for my rebuild.

Totally agree! Theres something about the Robotalk isn't there!

For sure. I almost never use the "Robo" side, lol. But as a filter, I haven't found one I like more. It's got its own thing going on. I find too many filters are either not subtle enough, or don't quite sound right...I'm not sure. But the Robotalk hits the spot, lol.

Back
Top Bottom