Ax8 midi to EVH5150iii 50w (HELP)

Tonedaddy81

Hello,
I’m new to the Ax8, my dilemma is that I’m trying to send midi to my EVH 5150iii 50w head(4 cable method) using my Ax8 scenes as a way to change between amp channels via midi.

What do I have to do to configure my Ax8 so its setup to send midi to my amp? I’ve tried reading the manual but I think I’m doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciate!

I've done this 2 years ago with my first AX8 unit. Now I don't own 5150 III 50w any more, so I won't be of much help - but as far as I can remember, the learning ability of 5150 III was priceless. Whatever Program Change message I sent by MIDI and made the amp recognize it, was accepted. No pre-set PC MIDI values need to be sent.

What is exactly the problem? You set up a PC number to be sent along with scene change, and then what happens - when you follow the amp's learning procedure?

Let me know if you need additional help. I have the 5150 iii and the AX8. I used a pedal switcher previously
to change channels and it worked great. I could try and config the AX8 to do the same.

Hopefully this helps. You'll just need to know which midi PC corresponds to each channel on your amp.

@stratavarious Fellow EVH 5153 50w owner here, and on the waiting list for AX8. How are you using the AX8 to help balance out green and blue?

Plethora of methods. EQ block after amp, scene volume change, etc.

Beware though - radical volume changes result in pops and artifacts. I somehow managed to have this all set quiet, but that wasn't easy, as far as I remember.

Good luck!

@stratavarious Fellow EVH 5153 50w owner here, and on the waiting list for AX8. How are you using the AX8 to help balance out green and blue?

Hi There! If you are referring to the volume issue between green and blue , thats not how I am using this. It is going into the return of the amp. Right now however for portability I am using a 30wt SS power amp from the small Mahaffey amp into a 4x10 Marshall cab.

Back
Top Bottom