AX8 Live Action

Axe-Master
This show came together last minute and ended up being one of the best shows I've ever played in Australia. Cherry Bar in AC/DC Lane is an institution here in Australia but it's closing it's doors in a few weeks, so when we got a last minute invite to come play one last show there which we simply couldn't refuse. Ended up being a sell out, super fun and thanks to the mighty AX8 it sounded great with minimal fuss. the audio here is a very rough desk mix but I've got the whole show recorded and on it's way to be mixed properly for a future release.

Kudos! You can feel the energy in the room and on stage to be sure....these are the best kind of gigs , in more intimate history -filled venues that sadly are dropping off the earth at an alarming rate, like so much else....Can’t wait to hear/see the full performance

Kudos! You can feel the energy in the room and on stage to be sure....these are the best kind of gigs , in more intimate history -filled venues that sadly are dropping off the earth at an alarming rate, like so much else....Can’t wait to hear/see the full performance

I'm looking forward to getting it mixed properly. Agree that these kind of venues are becoming rarer and rarer.

This show came together last minute and ended up being one of the best shows I've ever played in Australia. Cherry Bar in AC/DC Lane is an institution here in Australia but it's closing it's doors in a few weeks, so when we got a last minute invite to come play one last show there which we simply couldn't refuse. Ended up being a sell out, super fun and thanks to the mighty AX8 it sounded great with minimal fuss. the audio here is a very rough desk mix but I've got the whole show recorded and on it's way to be mixed properly for a future release.

leon did you use Iem or monitor?

We had all of 15 minutes to get set up so I just sent with wedges. Fun to feel some air moving on stage.
I asked you why I usually use IEm, but sometimes monitors, I can not enjoy the sound of modelers on active monitors ever, there are certain frequencies, in high volumes that annoy me a lot, but in PA(
normally passives) it sounds very good

Sounds great. Any particular wedge? Or did you just roll with the PA monitors?

Whatever they have in house. As long as it sounds good for the audience and i can hear something on stage over the drums I'm a happy camper.

Man that place looks awesome! Don’t ever come to NJ, you’ll be sorely disappointed. Those kinds of venues are long gone.

They're all dying out here too which is a shame.

Great Tone!!

Awesome! Sounds fantastic and looked like a fun gig.
Have you gigged your III yet? Are you going to? I’m gigging my III for the first time Thursday night at the House of Blues in Houston. Nervous and excited to play with a new rig. Maiden voyage for my III and FC-12. :eek:

Last edited:
Awesome! Sounds fantastic and looked like a fun gig.
Have you gigged your III yet? Are you going to? I’m gigging my III for the first time Thursday night at the House of Blues in Houston. Nervous and excited to play with a new rig. Maiden voyage for my III and FC-12. :eek:

Not yet but I'm planning on it very soon. How did your show go?

@Geezerjohn I've never been able to get a polka up to rousing standards just yet, so i have much to learn.

Here's a little tour vlog to go along with this.

Not yet but I'm planning on it very soon. How did your show go?
It went great. The III sounded so good and using it with the FC-12 was a joy.

I talked to the sound guy after the show to see if he had to do much to my channel and he said not at all that he just cut a little at 250 Hz.

Was not happy with my wireless though. I bought a new G50 to use with my III rig and just leave my old one on my AX8 pedaboard. Everything was fine at sound check. But as soon as we were ready to go on I was getting dropouts from the wireless. I’ve never had a dropout from my old unit. I had a cable ready in case I needed it. There was a few more quick drop outs during the first few songs so I switched to my cable after the 4th song so I wouldn’t have to worry about it.

But other than that it was a great show. The maiden voyage of the III and FC-12 was a success!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom