AX8 Lite?

g.lolo3

Does someone managed to make a diet for the AX8?
I know it's designed in the USA so may be it drinks to much Coke (no offense here) but I would be happy to make it loose some pounds! ;-)

Does someone managed to make a diet for the AX8?
I know it's designed in the USA so may be it drinks to much Coke (no offense here) but I would be happy to make it loose some pounds! ;-)
My roadies used to drag around 4 4x12' cabs and 2 V-4 heads. And that was just my rig. I'll gladly haul the AX8 and NEVER complain about the weight. Besides, there is about 80 tons of amps in there, not to mention a pedalboard that would be so big it would need its own zip code. Think about hauling that to a gig.

I want to keep it all just lighter! I can feel the weight of each amp when I carry it ;-)
Well, you could replace the outer shell with cardboard. Or you could break off pieces of the circuit board inside. :)

I guess I'm back to my original question: what would you remove?

You could potentially move the power supply to a wall wart, but you'd still have to carry both around.

maybe go to the gym and build some muscles. anyways, how skinny are you? the AX8 is so light considering how many amps/cabs/pedals are inside it.

is this how skinny you are?
need some fat.jpg

Maybe something stompbox sized?

I believe it's called the Atomic Amps Firebox. I bought one and really like it. It won't replace my AX8 but with the updated firmware release yesterday, it makes this little stomp box an excellent alternative in a small box.

Limited features and presets but now includes delay to go along reverb.
Compromises include no scenes, modulation, much smaller choice of amps and 9 presets max at your feet with only 2 foot switch capable.

Yeah something like the amplifire would be cool, or even something that has only the amp and cab block, would make for a great backup unit.

Yeah something like the amplifire would be cool, or even something that has only the amp and cab block, would make for a great backup unit.

I think just an amp/cab unit would be super cool. It probably wouldn’t be much cheaper than the AX8 though. If you could somehow manage to get it to a $500 price point I bet a lot of guys would try it out as they could just plug their pedal board into it and go.

Back
Top Bottom