AX8 into Mesa Power amp and 4x12"s Live Miked Demo

It was a pretty low volume. If you listened to my iPhone only playback you could hear the strings over the cabs :)
Well . .the next time you make a demo you could shoot it at say . . oh, I don't know . . maybe 3am. Then mike up your cabs and the wall between you and your neighbors and see if they add some impromptu percussion and muffled free verse lyrics :p . . hey, you never know . . there could be a song in there.

Well . .the next time you make a demo you could shoot it at say . . oh, I don't know . . maybe 3am. Then mike up your cabs and the wall between you and your neighbors and see if they add some impromptu percussion and muffled free verse lyrics :p . . hey, you never know . . there could be a song in there.
Lol, I'm an end unit top floor, my neighbor beside me is gone to Florida for the winter, so the wall mic would be the sound of silence.

Sounds very good Mark. Frankly, this is the only way I can get close to my amp (recorded or live) by going through a tube power amp and a 4x12 (Friedman with same speaker combo) and then mike V30 and/or GB. Maybe I just couldn't find the right IRs or Power amp settings, yet.

Sounds great!

Mark, would you be so kind as to explain how you set up your delay's and why?
In this video I put a 40ms digital delay then a 500ms digital delay. I find the 40ms fattens things up, makes it sound like it's in a room rather than just closed miked. 500ms is just a typical 80's thing. The Sample delay I use in Logic is just on the left side, it acts as a "faux" track double.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom