AX8 in the house but .......

Hey guys ! I like the derail of axe and animals ! very cool. I will post a full "mini" review (that sounds strange) after a few days once I have had time to really kick the tires. First thing is the tone, its 1000% axefx, it sounds exactly like my ax rig. To me that is the most important thing and the ax8 nails that. In two seconds I dialed up my normal settings of Carol Ann and a Friedman fractal cab and I was ready to roll. All the same effects are there for people wondering including the crazy ones like pitch, synths and all, layout is the same grid you are used to. What is really cool is how the switches can be configured to switch anything, so you can assign switch one to be X or Y or preset or delay or a scene. The layout is great, the size is perfect, it is compact yet not crowed when switching. The tuner speed is great as well. I also LOVE having the main amp controls in front of me and active all the time (bass, drive, vol, treb,mid, gain, master). This is super. I don't even think the AX8 is a decision to ponder, you just buy one. More to come ...... for anyone interested my band is www.fightingfriday.com

Jim, that IS a mini-review! You answered many of the questions that have been swarming around this forum for weeks! I look very forward to your more intentional mini-review. It should be informative! Thanks for stepping away from your new toy long enough to share the info, it will clear up a lot of things for prospective owners. Just waiting on my email...

Rick

1. First thing is the tone, its 1000% axefx, it sounds exactly like my ax rig.
2. In two seconds I dialed up my normal settings of Carol Ann and a Friedman fractal cab and I was ready to roll.
3. All the same effects are there for people wondering including the crazy ones like pitch, synths and all, layout is the same grid you are used to.
4. The switches can be configured to switch anything, so you can assign switch one to be X or Y or preset or delay or a scene.
5. The layout is great, the size is perfect, it is compact yet not crowded when switching.
6. The tuner speed is great as well.
7. I also LOVE having the main amp controls in front of me and active all the time (bass, drive, vol, treb,mid, gain, master). This is super.

Mini-review Summary: I don't even think the AX8 is a decision to ponder, you just buy one. More to come ...... for anyone interested my band is www.fightingfriday.com

Last edited:
I did not see that...

"All the same effects are there for people wondering including the crazy ones like pitch, synths and all, layout is the same grid you are used to."

Excellent.

Hey guys ! I like the derail of axe and animals ! very cool. I will post a full "mini" review (that sounds strange) after a few days once I have had time to really kick the tires. First thing is the tone, its 1000% axefx, it sounds exactly like my ax rig. To me that is the most important thing and the ax8 nails that. In two seconds I dialed up my normal settings of Carol Ann and a Friedman fractal cab and I was ready to roll. All the same effects are there for people wondering including the crazy ones like pitch, synths and all, layout is the same grid you are used to. What is really cool is how the switches can be configured to switch anything, so you can assign switch one to be X or Y or preset or delay or a scene. The layout is great, the size is perfect, it is compact yet not crowed when switching. The tuner speed is great as well. I also LOVE having the main amp controls in front of me and active all the time (bass, drive, vol, treb,mid, gain, master). This is super. I don't even think the AX8 is a decision to ponder, you just buy one. More to come ...... for anyone interested my band is www.fightingfriday.com

Hells yeah! And when you say it has everything does that include the multiband compressor, vocoder, tone match etc...?

Are you supposed to receive a confirmation email when you sign up on the waitlist? I hope not. I did not get the confirmation email for the forum sign up either and had to have an admin take care of it. Nothing in my spam folder either.

Hells yeah! And when you say it has everything does that include the multiband compressor, vocoder, tone match etc...?

Pretty sure I read it doesn't have those blocks by then since quantum maximized cpu usage things may have changed hence the longer wait? No way to know for sure until we get a full review, manual or an ax8 of our own.

IMAG0738.jpg

Pretty sure I read it doesn't have those blocks by then since quantum maximized cpu usage things may have changed hence the longer wait? No way to know for sure until we get a full review, manual or an ax8 of our own.

Hence my question to someone who actually has the unit and could take 2 minutes to check :)
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom