AX8 in live gig

vaiHomer

Hi guys,

I would like to know how do you use the ax8.
With scenes or presets or both, and as single effect too? Expression pedal?
I'm trying the best solution (for me) for live gig and appreciate your experiences.

Thanks,
Lorenzo.

I only use about 3 presets for an entire gig. The way I run mine is Scenes 1, 2 & 3, then the 4th bottom button is always my lead boost, on the top row I can toggle different FX on or off like Chorus, Drive pedal, Phaser and Multi delay all on the top row. I use the two Fractal EV-1's, one to control the Wah (auto engage) and the other for volume.
16463677_1347679581941571_3859882502254079690_o.jpg

Hello, Lorenzo! I use my AX8 with 4 Roland EV-5 exp pedals ( I normally use one for pre volume, one for post volume, one for wah (auto on) and one for delay/input gain level or other parameters if needed), and it's "plug-and play"-ready in a flightcase originally custom made for a mixing desk.. I normally just use only a few presets per gig, and the different switches are assigned as "stompbox" switches; turning on/off different effects (drive, chorus, tremolo etc.) or switching amps (X/Y) within each preset. I also use the X/Y function for some of the
switches/effects for different varieties of comp, drive and delay for instance. I have been using scenes before, but lately I haven't actually felt the need for that..

01e3a806f3-AX8.JPG

I use one preset per song. Use scenes for different sounds within the preset.Switch 1 is always dirty,2 isalways lead 3 is always clean 4 is "other" (special effects for certain songs) Then the top bank 4-8 is the effects, usually boost, modulation,delay and reverb.

I have one bank of presets which covers everything I need. The main difference in the presets is just having different effects because I can't get them all in one preset because of the CPU limits. They all have the same amp and cabinets and similar drive and filter blocks. From that point I add different modulation and delays. I am using 4 expression pedals. EV-1 for volume, Moog ep-3 for wah and rotary etc. and two FS-5U's, one for bright on / off and one for reverb hold. This works for me because I do mostly original and some covers that are all pretty much the same genre so I don't need multiple presets that vary widely.

I use 4 scenes globally and each song having its own preset. The intro would be scene #1, verse would be scene #2, etc. Together with 1 exp pedal seems to work for me.

Hi guys,

I would like to know how do you use the ax8.
With scenes or presets or both, and as single effect too? Expression pedal?
I'm trying the best solution (for me) for live gig and appreciate your experiences.

Thanks,
Lorenzo.
I have 3 main presets. One for clean, rhythm, and heavy. Each on uses scenes that I use for my lead sound. I just switch amp models, add a boost, and add a delay. I use these 3 presets for 90% of the show. I have a few other for certain songs that require harmony guitars.

I play in a cover band and In my head one preset per song seems cool but In reality, i'm set up so buttons 1-4 represent clean(1), slightly driven(2), more heavily driven (3) and lead (4). Top buttons all control effects, usually chorus, phaser, delay, and an auto wah (we only have 2 songs out of 40-50 per night that use a wah so I like the auto wah for ease of use and set up.) On occasion I will swap out an effect control for another preset if e have a song requires something unusual (like livin on a prayer) but I usually find a way to have our other guitar player, who also uses the Ax8 cover those parts. As a result his set up is more of a hybird with handful of song specific presets but mostly using the same 3-4 like i do.

Back
Top Bottom