AX8 Global Blocks

I agree that's one of the main features I'm looking for however according to the wiki the FX8 doesn't have it....

Hi,

I can't see any reference to Global Block in the AX8 manual. Can somebody confirm that it does not have this feature?
Is this due to "hardware design" or can we hope to have this in future update?

Laurent.

Correct. The FX8 and AX8 do not support "global" blocks, currently.

Ways around this:

- Use "Recall Effect" on the AX8 (front panel) to retrieve settings from a block from another preset.
- Use the Block Library in AX8-Edit.
- Use Scenes.

Last edited:
That is a bit of a bummer - I am still planning on a 'one song, one preset' strategy, but most presets will be based on the same 1-4 amps. I would love to be able to tweak to taste across all presets at the same time. I will find a workaround that works for me, but global blocks would be cool

Correct. The FX8 and AX8 do not support "global" blocks, currently.

Ways around this:

- Use "Recall Effect" on the AX8 (front panel) to retrieve settings from a block from another preset.
- Use the Block Library in AX8-Edit.

It will work at home, but I want is to be able to change on stage "on the fly" the setting of a block that is used in many presets...

It will work at home, but I want is to be able to change on stage "on the fly" the setting of a block that is used in many presets...

That's not gonna happen if it's a anything like the FX8. Which it is. You can do things like global eq though. You can also easily save a few variations of all of your presets.

You could also set up one an then use it as a template. Then save that template to all of your presets. But that won't help you live.

That's not gonna happen if it's a anything like the FX8. Which it is. You can do things like global eq though. You can also easily save a few variations of all of your presets.

You could also set up one an then use it as a template. Then save that template to all of your presets. But that won't help you live.

So my question: "Is this due to "hardware design" or can we hope to have this in future update?" Can we have an answer from Fractal staff?

Yea I can agree its something I make use of quite a bit. Need to really hunker down and make sure I want to make the change from II to AX8.

I guess this makes my decision to either go the global blocks with multiple presets or just using scenes a whole lot easier!

Scenes it is!

I guess this makes my decision to either go the global blocks with multiple presets or just using scenes a whole lot easier!

Scenes it is!

Yes it is another workaround but scenes cannot handle any cases, especially with the limited ressources of the AX8...

No global blocks. I use them all the time in my axe fx II especially amp wise. But I have not really missed it in my AX8 and I have done I think 15 live show events with it.

The blocks library way works really well.
:0)

I don't use them, I use the blocks I save and recall, but that being said I am pretty sure that global blocks is merely a FW update away......since so many have mentioned it. Just a guess, remember.....

yeah, as i stated in another thread, not having them is a deal breaker for me. for instance, i use a global block for my DC30 and it's cab on all my praise and worship presets (getting close to 100 of them now), when there's a modeling change or theres a new ir i want to try out if i like whatever tweaks i make, i hit save and it saves across all 100 presets. no way i'm going in and recalling settings on a block for each preset over and over.

Back
Top Bottom